Fitting trip wiper stalk question

Stu-pid

Reaction score
Just a quick question I have just got the a4 with cruise already fitted but no trip on the wiper stalk can I just buy a new stalk and plug and play or do I need to change a module ?

No need to change module but it will need coding

With vcds? Can you get it for windows 8

Is there a specific part number I should be looking for ?

If you mean for VCDS try Nigel - NHN on here as he is a registered supplier for the genuine kit. Or check the map to see if a user is local to you.

The coding involves setting the DIS options and needs VCDS or dealer input but as above if your cruise works then the SCCM should be already mid or highline (Cruise Control Retrofitting (8E) - Ross-Tech Wiki)

part numbers for DIS stalk for a saloon are (you need one of these!!!):

(1)8E0953503B
switch for wipers/wash-wipe operation / for models with onboard computer
/ sedan
8E0953503B 4PK
soul (black)
/
(1)4E0953503B
switch for wipers wash/wipe operation and on-board computer
/ sedan
4E0953503B 4PK
soul (black)
/

there may be others but 4e or 8e 503b in black should be ok.

I did a small write up for dis / cruise which links to others:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-cabriolet-s4-forum-b6-chassis/177459-dis-cruise-done.html

and there's some stuff in the sticky's

cheers
And

So I've fitted my stalk but need to get it coded on vag com. Anybody local to Doncaster fancy helping me out

I'm in hull if you want to take a drive?

Yeah don't mind that only a trip down the m62

stu-pid I know we have already started to sort something out but if any of these guys are closer for you don't feel obliged to come to me

go with whoever is best for you I don't mind as long as you let me know :D

No point traveling further then you need to

Cheers mate your all about the same away. It's just whoever is available soon as. Cos it's stopped my key fob working to unlock the car.

as I say I can do whatever is best for you but it shouldn't have stopped the keyfob working!! have you done the old key in the ignition turn it on and press the buttons this usually syncs it back up

I will try that. Is there a certain process.

Not really just stick the key in turn ignition on and press lock and unlock a few times then remove and try it

That's the locking sorted. Cheers bud

Reactions: stu_m