EM TuningChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

tt/s3 225bhp 380cc injectors

I've currently got these injectors fitted and am getting rich code. Could this be because the s3/tt 225bhp run 2.5bar in the rail regulated and the a4 1.8t runs 4bar with an un-regulated fuel rail. When I got the car remapped would they have taken this into account?

Anyone ever done this mod successfully before?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    If you did not tell them you was running TT injectors they would have installed a generic map for stock components so take them out and put stock back in.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

5th Gear

Status
    As above, injectors need to be taken into account when mapping.
    If you aren't planning on having a custom map done soon then remove them, as it will lead to other issues (i.e-borewash)

2nd Gear

Status
    I run these injectors in my stage 2 bex and run really well!
    2004 audi a4 s line 1.8t bex 242bhp dynoed
    Mods: bsr optiflow kit, forge diverter valve, custom turbo back exhaust, custom 200 cell cat, DGR coilovers, forge tip, s3/tt 386cc injectors, boost gauge, revo stage 2, 12mm rear spacers, rear window extension spoiler
    To come: big brake setup... Getting there!!
    boats and hoesss, boats and hoesss

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by seany26 View Post
    I've currently got these injectors fitted and am getting rich code. Could this be because the s3/tt 225bhp run 2.5bar in the rail regulated and the a4 1.8t runs 4bar with an un-regulated fuel rail. When I got the car remapped would they have taken this into account?

Anyone ever done this mod successfully before?
    If the Ecu pulls more than 23%ish trim it will throw the code and give the eml.
    380cc injectors need to have the fuel map changed over plus you need to ideally run the same for they came from, it's a simple task of fitting a 3bar s3 or TT fpr and copying over the fuelling maps from the s3 225bhp maps. You should have told the guy mapping it fitted the larger injectors.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote from R-tech facebook page "Yet another 1.8t been running a 4 bar fuel reg and now has a fooked fuel pump.... Stop it!!!!!" aparently it's been covered a lot

Neutral

Status
    Thanks lads, this helps. Going to have to look into fitting a 3bar fpr to my car if the 386's can't run on the standard 4bar that the built in fpr on fuel filter regulates to.

Anyone done this, as there is no return to the tank from my fuel rail?
    Last edited by seany26; 2nd July 2013 at 13:36.

1st Gear

Status
    A little off topic here. I plan to have a remap later this year and was going to invest in new injectors too so I can achieve 230hp-235hp. Am I right in thinking that I couldn't use S3/TT injectors on my A4 B6 (190) BEX without changing the FPR? I am going to take a guess at this being a fuel pressure regulator?

If that is the case can you simply not just get injectors that will work with the existing FPR on my car? or is it just a case of a live map is required instead of a generic one?

Neutral

Status
    Yes fuel pressure regulator. Our a4's don't have a regulator at the fuel rail, it's built into the fuel filter at the tank because they are returnless system. so it's not a straight swap, for the s3/tt 386cc injectors from what beachbuggy is saying but I'm still trying to find out for sure.should have the info by the end of the day as to what I'm going to do.
    I do believe the 380cc injectors are a straight swap, so prob safer going with them. I did tell my mapping guy that I had the s3 injectors installed and he must not of seen a problem with that. So I'm looking into it now for sure.