diy rs bumper

deano1978

different gear
Reaction score
Had a dual exhaust put on and cut the holes out myself. Sprayed the lower part black.

DSCN4297.jpg

wasnt to happy with it,looked ok,but not tip top.

Long process but got there...
Stated off with looking for a rs4 bumper.
Found a damaged one for £50. I say damaged as i only wanted the valance to cut off.

Then the lower part of my b6 bumper in my colour,one popped up on ebay £20 :)

Then some of the hex grill,had some left over from front grill mod. To go in the inserts.

Had to get some gloss black plastic to act as a solid behind the grill mesh.

So i cut the valace off the rs4. Put it against the new lower and trimmed the new shape onto it,made it a little smaller thou.
Cut the plastic to suite the size of the cut out for the mesh.
Put cut out in place and siliconed it and srews.

Then in the same area cut the hex grill to fit. And stuck on.

Srewed the valance onto the bumper. From underneath,cut off excess srews. As mentioned i made the cut out smaller so i had something to screw to.
Finished off with a black rubber trim covering the cutout and srews.

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

happy with it but there is damage to the lower bumper,which i didnt notice when collecting.

Reactions: DieselJake, audilad9 and archemist
Good work there mate! Looks a lot better. Do you have any close up shots of how the valance part fits against the original bumper? (Not looking to copy or anything just curious as I like DIY jobs when they've been done well)

One thing I'd loose though, the RS badge on your bootlid.....

Cheers guys :) im not feeling the rs badge either. Starting to grow out of it. The front badge fell off tooIl get some close up over the w.end.

Never good too put a RS4 badge on a none RS4 even when I did the full RS4 conversion on my old B5 I never dared to put a RS4 badge on it.

Never good too put a RS4 badge on a none RS4 even when I did the full RS4 conversion on my old B5 I never dared to put a RS4 badge on it.
i know what u mean. But there was no 4!!!
Remaped.
Decated.
Air box mod.

I thought it lived up to rally sport :)

Reactions: audilad9
Love that, favorite bit's how you used genuine parts customised to make a rear bumper. Top work.

Last edited: