Any good tdi 130 engine mods AVF

Egr blank+remap

Or/and other injectors and the BV43 turbo approx 200bhp
Some say You dont need other injectors for the BV43..
Perhaps then it Will only put out 180bhp
But its a cheap mod

Reactions: sandis pēlmanis
Cat out the exhaust

decat.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: sandis pēlmanis, AudidriverA4 and audilad9
Decat, EGR blank and a DTUK tuning box took me from 130 to 180 and extra mpg for good measure :D

No need for injectors with a BV43 but it will benefit from a custom remap. However if you have a 5 speed gearbox I would not recommend aggressive mapping as it will kill the box, 6 speed boxes are a bit tougher so can cope better. I have my b6 tuned to over 200 Bhp and it does make for an interesting drive, however the FWD system cannot put the power on the road too well and the gearbox did not play ball for too long without stripping syncro's ! Had to fit a single mass flywheel kit and heavy duty 240mm clutch to stop it from slipping but that killed the box rather sooner than later ! In the process of Quattro conversion- FWD is pants !

Reactions: sandis pēlmanis and audilad9
Avf is 6 speed. Just dont drive aggressive :)
Did You put out 200 bhp with stock IG as well?
Just heard that EGT will be close to too High with stock injectors

Avf is 6 speed. Just dont drive aggressive :)
Did You put out 200 bhp with stock IG as well?
Just heard that EGT will be close to too High with stock injectors
What's stock IG ? I had a fully rebuilt engine: lowered CR, ARL/PD150 head bolts, low mileage engine block, 240mm rs4 clutch from Southbend and TTV Racing single mass flywheel, BV43, allard EGR delete and custom remap. Stock exhaust, stock intercooler and stock injectors...

Nice.. Typing error, meant IC! :)
Did You lower CR with head skim?
Arl head bolts I suppose are stronger..
I already have EGR delete kit, and a remap.. Guess Ill get the bv43 for next upgrade, and new remap

I've asked this before but never got a reply as i can remember..... if you decat a diesel does it still pass MOT regs ???

no it wont pass new law is that if came out the factory with one it should have on eon at all times best bet is to gut the cat and fit it back on that way if plod ever pull u over they will see the cat still fitted ;)

Erm would think so as its only a smoke test on the mot best thing to do would be to ask the mot tester at the station u would use for the mot

It will still pass a smoke test but if they check to see if its fitted it should fail

Depends on the tester at the end of the day

Right this smoke test is what i thought they did, but last time my car was done in Feb this year i got a proper emissions report back with numbers and levels... like you do on a petrol.... thats why i was wondering..... i dont wanna go bashing the inside of my CAT out with a broom handle or what ever the favoured method is these days to find it fails emissions and i have to go find a new CAT when there was nothing wrong with the old one

The test is for smoke particles and it is tested in much the same way as a petrol and the readings can look the same on paper but they are much different

Its been explained to me by my mot tester mate :)

Decat prob gives 5 bhp gain if all is good. If as adamss24 says, may kill the turbo - £200-£300 for a recondition (£600 ish for a new one) and £100-£200 for a new cat, if you've smashed it with a broom handle. So ask yourself, is it worth it???

I'm sceptical about the EGR delete as a "power gain" as people tend to report "it was dirty as ****" when it was deleted. If this is the case then intake airflow was restricted and all that has been done is to re-establish optimum air flow.

Please flame me if I'm off the mark...

Decat prob gives 5 bhp gain if all is good. If as adamss24 says, may kill the turbo - £200-£300 for a recondition (£600 ish for a new one) and £100-£200 for a new cat, if you've smashed it with a broom handle. So ask yourself, is it worth it???
Loads of mixed opinions on this, turbo over spools increaseing bhp and mpg, some say this can wear out the turbo others say Audi has programmed it to stay safe.

I'm sceptical about the EGR delete as a "power gain" as people tend to report "it was dirty as ****" when it was deleted. If this is the case then intake airflow was restricted and all that has been done is to re-establish optimum air flow.
Seems safe, it's dirty as it's recirculated exhaust gas which is not good to have in an engine, blanking it ensures it's all going out the right holes and the engine can stay cooler and more efficient.

Jake, it's the other way round ! The gt1749Va turbo is old technology and the shaft is weak- Garrett designed to be used on lower power applications. It's either boost creep or boost spikes that damage turbo's, shafts are still made of the same materials like the earlyer gt1749v, it's only the housing that flows a little bit better !

The EGR valve is there to reduce emissions, at high combustion temperatures with lack of fuel but loads of Oxigen is the perfect medium for forming Nox's- which tree huggers "love" ! It works by introducing some of the spent gases back into intake to lower the Oxigen but it's also used in "cooling" the engine when the EGT is too high. Granted the system works flawlessly for very short time before starting to choke the engine and running less efficient but as you mentioned- deleting it it does clean the path to the intake ports and removes obstruction + gives a little more air on idle which result in briskier acceleration !

The decat works by limiting the flow trough the engine, the system is tuned in such a way to dampen the turbo surges and limit boost creep. The gt1749VA is built of the same materials as it's predecessor gt1749v bar a better flowing VNT mechanism and slightly larger compressor wheel. The n75 is not quick to react to smooth the boost spikes which places massive strain on the shaft especially when you hammer the engine at low revs/high gear situations !

This is the argument of breathing better vs breathing too much, good to limit spool to ensure no boost creep/spike, but many have decatted the stock turbo and not had problems.

I think i'll leave mine as it is.... EGR delete and a blacksmoke remap... 160 bhp is good for me.... it actually feels more powerfull round the streets than my 180 Bhp A3 Quattro it's only at higher motorway speeds where the A3 comes into it's own but then that wont give me 45+ mpg as it's petrol

Reactions: barkclark
Egr blank+remap

Or/and other injectors and the BV43 turbo approx 200bhp
Some say You dont need other injectors for the BV43..
Perhaps then it Will only put out 180bhp
But its a cheap mod
From what car exactly must be the bv43 turbo to fit my Audi a4 b6 2003. 1,9tdi PD130 with AVF engine code....?

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

No need for injectors with a BV43 but it will benefit from a custom remap. However if you have a 5 speed gearbox I would not recommend aggressive mapping as it will kill the box, 6 speed boxes are a bit tougher so can cope better. I have my b6 tuned to over 200 Bhp and it does make for an interesting drive, however the FWD system cannot put the power on the road too well and the gearbox did not play ball for too long without stripping syncro's ! Had to fit a single mass flywheel kit and heavy duty 240mm clutch to stop it from slipping but that killed the box rather sooner than later ! In the process of Quattro conversion- FWD is pants !
From what car is the clutch? I hawe the 6 gear gearbox (GBA) code..... Engine code AVF I delete the egr and now nead to know from what car exactly is the bv43 turbo that would fit plug and play for my Audi a4, b6, 2003.1,9tdi...... Eny links to buy the stainless Steel downpipe for my car? Fwd and standart turbo????? Please help.... Hope for answers soon

This is the argument of breathing better vs breathing too much, good to limit spool to ensure no boost creep/spike, but many have decatted the stock turbo and not had problems.
If I delete egr what's the hp gain??? 5hp..10??? Avf 1,9tdi

Someone knows what's the difference between the AVF and AWX engine because the AVF has more torque than the AWX and the engines in my appinion is totally the same???

Different mapping and bigger 240mm clutch 6 speed Vs 228mm 5 speed .

Different mapping and bigger 240mm clutch 6 speed Vs 228mm 5 speed .
I have the AVF and I am werry happy with it. 380.000km on it and works like new.... Last winter in - 23C started with no problems... Heat up 4 times glow plugs and start it with first time

I have the AVF and I am werry happy with it. 380.000km on it and works like new.... Last winter in - 23C started with no problems... Heat up 4 times glow plugs and start it with first time

Plus deleted the egr valve and after oil change after I drive 1500km the oil is still clean on the dip stick like changed minute ago

Very much a legend of engine codes , less soot gets in the engine oil with egr delete / disable .

Just keep regular oil changes with VW's top spec to protect those narrow camshaft lobes .

Do you suck out the oil cooler when servicing ?

Nice.. Typing error, meant IC! :)
Did You lower CR with head skim?
Arl head bolts I suppose are stronger..
I already have EGR delete kit, and a remap.. Guess Ill get the bv43 for next upgrade, and new remap
Have you the AVF engine code or AWX? Have meny hp you going to have after the bv43? And from what car is the bv43 to fit audi 1,9 avx and avf engine.....?

Very much a legend of engine codes , less soot gets in the engine oil with egr delete / disable .

Just keep regular oil changes with VW's top spec to protect those narrow camshaft lobes .

Do you suck out the oil cooler when servicing ?
I am changing the oil every 10.000km and no I am not sucking out the oil from oil cooler

Even cleaner possible oil now as about 300ml gets left behind in there .

All easily done by dropping down an extractor tube into the oil filter housing.

P2030060.JPG

Even cleaner possible oil now as about 300ml gets left behind in there .

All easily done by dropping down an extractor tube into the oil filter housing.

P2030060.JPG
Well I wipe it clean with lots of paper towel and clean with brake cleaner little bit

Not the same as sucking out old oil out of an oil cooler below the oil filter housing .

NzJhNThlMzQzZmMwNjM5ZDkyYWFjYmYwODdmODczZjm-_Ay6SYXwFwP-02wJlHMOaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZTM0MjM5NjQzZTRjZjhhZjI1MjZhMDAyMDk3NTdiZDMxMzkzOWM3YTRiNWVkOTA0ZTViODA1MzUxZDU0YzdhZC5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4Mzk0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Have often have I change the oil for my PD130? Is the 10.000km enough? Or sooner??