Any good tdi 130 engine mods AVF

I am after any good tips on 130 tdi engine AVF upgrades. Please help

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Egr blank+remap

Or/and other injectors and the BV43 turbo approx 200bhp
    Some say You dont need other injectors for the BV43..
    Perhaps then it Will only put out 180bhp
    But its a cheap mod

God Mode

Status
    Cat out the exhaust

Last edited by DieselJake; 23rd May 2013 at 05:04.
    AudidriverA4 and audilad9 like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Decat, EGR blank and a DTUK tuning box took me from 130 to 180 and extra mpg for good measure :D

6th Gear

Status
    No need for injectors with a BV43 but it will benefit from a custom remap. However if you have a 5 speed gearbox I would not recommend aggressive mapping as it will kill the box, 6 speed boxes are a bit tougher so can cope better. I have my b6 tuned to over 200 Bhp and it does make for an interesting drive, however the FWD system cannot put the power on the road too well and the gearbox did not play ball for too long without stripping syncro's ! Had to fit a single mass flywheel kit and heavy duty 240mm clutch to stop it from slipping but that killed the box rather sooner than later ! In the process of Quattro conversion- FWD is pants !
    audilad9 likes this.
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

1st Gear

Status
    Avf is 6 speed. Just dont drive aggressive
    Did You put out 200 bhp with stock IG as well?
    Just heard that EGT will be close to too High with stock injectors

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahlstrom View Post
    Avf is 6 speed. Just dont drive aggressive
    Did You put out 200 bhp with stock IG as well?
    Just heard that EGT will be close to too High with stock injectors
    What's stock IG ? I had a fully rebuilt engine: lowered CR, ARL/PD150 head bolts, low mileage engine block, 240mm rs4 clutch from Southbend and TTV Racing single mass flywheel, BV43, allard EGR delete and custom remap. Stock exhaust, stock intercooler and stock injectors...

FOR SALE:
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

1st Gear

Status
    Nice.. Typing error, meant IC!
    Did You lower CR with head skim?
    Arl head bolts I suppose are stronger..
    I already have EGR delete kit, and a remap.. Guess Ill get the bv43 for next upgrade, and new remap

5th Gear

Status
    I've asked this before but never got a reply as i can remember..... if you decat a diesel does it still pass MOT regs ???
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add bradh on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by 666markyboy View Post
    I've asked this before but never got a reply as i can remember..... if you decat a diesel does it still pass MOT regs ???
    no it wont pass new law is that if came out the factory with one it should have on eon at all times best bet is to gut the cat and fit it back on that way if plod ever pull u over they will see the cat still fitted

5th Gear

Status
    Right so it will still pass the actual test then ?

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add bradh on Facebook
    Erm would think so as its only a smoke test on the mot best thing to do would be to ask the mot tester at the station u would use for the mot

5th Gear

Status
    It will still pass a smoke test but if they check to see if its fitted it should fail

Depends on the tester at the end of the day

5th Gear

Status
    Right this smoke test is what i thought they did, but last time my car was done in Feb this year i got a proper emissions report back with numbers and levels... like you do on a petrol.... thats why i was wondering..... i dont wanna go bashing the inside of my CAT out with a broom handle or what ever the favoured method is these days to find it fails emissions and i have to go find a new CAT when there was nothing wrong with the old one

5th Gear

Status
    The test is for smoke particles and it is tested in much the same way as a petrol and the readings can look the same on paper but they are much different

Its been explained to me by my mot tester mate

2nd Gear

Status
    Decat prob gives 5 bhp gain if all is good. If as adamss24 says, may kill the turbo - £200-£300 for a recondition (£600 ish for a new one) and £100-£200 for a new cat, if you've smashed it with a broom handle. So ask yourself, is it worth it???

I'm sceptical about the EGR delete as a "power gain" as people tend to report "it was dirty as fook" when it was deleted. If this is the case then intake airflow was restricted and all that has been done is to re-establish optimum air flow.

Please flame me if I'm off the mark...
    A4 Avant 1.9 TDi Sport GmbH

God Mode

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Doodah View Post
    Decat prob gives 5 bhp gain if all is good. If as adamss24 says, may kill the turbo - £200-£300 for a recondition (£600 ish for a new one) and £100-£200 for a new cat, if you've smashed it with a broom handle. So ask yourself, is it worth it???
    Loads of mixed opinions on this, turbo over spools increaseing bhp and mpg, some say this can wear out the turbo others say Audi has programmed it to stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Audi Doodah View Post
    I'm sceptical about the EGR delete as a "power gain" as people tend to report "it was dirty as fook" when it was deleted. If this is the case then intake airflow was restricted and all that has been done is to re-establish optimum air flow.
    Seems safe, it's dirty as it's recirculated exhaust gas which is not good to have in an engine, blanking it ensures it's all going out the right holes and the engine can stay cooler and more efficient.

6th Gear

Status
    Jake, it's the other way round ! The gt1749Va turbo is old technology and the shaft is weak- Garrett designed to be used on lower power applications. It's either boost creep or boost spikes that damage turbo's, shafts are still made of the same materials like the earlyer gt1749v, it's only the housing that flows a little bit better !

The EGR valve is there to reduce emissions, at high combustion temperatures with lack of fuel but loads of Oxigen is the perfect medium for forming Nox's- which tree huggers "love" ! It works by introducing some of the spent gases back into intake to lower the Oxigen but it's also used in "cooling" the engine when the EGT is too high. Granted the system works flawlessly for very short time before starting to choke the engine and running less efficient but as you mentioned- deleting it it does clean the path to the intake ports and removes obstruction + gives a little more air on idle which result in briskier acceleration !

The decat works by limiting the flow trough the engine, the system is tuned in such a way to dampen the turbo surges and limit boost creep. The gt1749VA is built of the same materials as it's predecessor gt1749v bar a better flowing VNT mechanism and slightly larger compressor wheel. The n75 is not quick to react to smooth the boost spikes which places massive strain on the shaft especially when you hammer the engine at low revs/high gear situations !
    FOR SALE:

God Mode

Status
    This is the argument of breathing better vs breathing too much, good to limit spool to ensure no boost creep/spike, but many have decatted the stock turbo and not had problems.

5th Gear

Status
    I think i'll leave mine as it is.... EGR delete and a blacksmoke remap... 160 bhp is good for me.... it actually feels more powerfull round the streets than my 180 Bhp A3 Quattro it's only at higher motorway speeds where the A3 comes into it's own but then that wont give me 45+ mpg as it's petrol