Top Gear Tonight ...

wigginer

Reaction score
Did anyone see tonights Top Gear?

Not wanting to insult anyone but the comment about the A4 Diesel Cabriolet made me smile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

" A diesel cabriolet is like a 'Super model' smoking a pipe! "

Made me laugh ...

Yeah saw it. What the hell was that small yellow thing? About the worst attempt of a car I've seen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

They managed to pick the worst colour for the cabriolet, and I didn't quite get his comment when comparing the Audi diesel to the merc V8 as you can get a 3 litre petrol in the cab anyway can't you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Shame Audi picked that as the press car to lend to Top Gear they were always going to slate it for two reasons:

1) It's a diesel
2) The Colour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

Still came out the best though and it is the only way in the line up I would have bought. As they said in their report the A4 Cab is the benchmark for all other 4 seater ragtops and it wins handsdown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I have always been a little uncomfortable with diesels. Thinks its a basic discrimination that I have not yet managed to get over.

I was interested in the BMW 330d this time around. Phenomenal mid range acceleration (Torque in the region of 450Nm). Was seriously considering one until I heard one start up on a Car Park.

I would imagine that you would be constantly reminded of that in a Cabriolet. Without the sound insulation etc...