A4 1.8T coolant leak

Ian2012

Reaction score
Had the cambelt water pump in dec2012 by audi car now has coolant leak not sure where from but wife says there is a puddle of water under the car i don't have a pressure tester any ideas where these leak from??

could be the pump is leaking that was the reason for doing the cambelt

ta

ian

Get under the car and try and locate the source. If it does appear to be the water pump then I'd be straight back to audi telling them to put it right as the belt and pump should still be under warranty.

Not necessarily the water pump though - could be a split hose or where hoses join or a connection on the radiator. As Audi Doodah says have a look under the car with a good light.

The car is now back at the dealer and i kinda get the feeling that even without looking at it they are building me up for bad news like it's not the pump it's something else

So the question is what else right on the front of the engine could leak coolant, is there a flange or some other part that i am not thinking about, as far as i can see on etka it's just the pump, those who have replaced a pump may have a better idea

thanks

Ian

Well dealer has now replaced the pump said it was faulty but didn't know why when asked odd it's only done 3k miles

No manufacturing process is perfect...wouldn't be cost effective. There will always be a very small percentage of failures expected, something like 0.002% on a mass production line. You just happen to be one of the unlucky ones.