Volks AutosSky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

I'm all lopsided!!!

Hi all,
    I have a little issue that i could do with your input, a little while ago i noticed my car was not sitting level at the rear, at the time i just put it down to uneven ground ect ect, however my bump stops were reported in the mot so i had them replaced and while it was all off i changed the rear shocks, i used genuine parts but since then it seens to be more apparent that the offside seems to be sitting higher than the nearside, i have measured from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel arch with the car on a level workshop floor and also on a chassis lift both with the same result, a 7mm difference, the fronts are exactly the same distance both sides obviously everything has been checked and double checked but can't see anything, the most common response seems to be road spring but to be honest i fail to see one sagging more than the other and i don't want to change them and get the same result,
    Any ideas ??
    Thanks Matt

p.s. before we go down the road of aftermarket coilivers or alike that is not something i am interested in doing.
    Last edited by mattyboyc; 16th May 2013 at 19:10.
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    have you measured the springs to see if they are the same?One might be cracked

5th Gear

Status
    Springs have been inspected and nothing obvious, can't see or feel any cracks, the offside ( lower side ) seems to be the height the car has always been the problem seems more the nearside ( higher), real head scratcher!
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA

2nd Gear

Status
    Had this same issue just sat lower one morning when i came out like the spring had lost its tension, this pushed me too buy my coilovers = )
    2004 audi a4 s line 1.8t bex 242bhp dynoed
    Mods: bsr optiflow kit, forge diverter valve, custom turbo back exhaust, custom 200 cell cat, DGR coilovers, forge tip, s3/tt 386cc injectors, boost gauge, revo stage 2, 12mm rear spacers, rear window extension spoiler
    To come: big brake setup... Getting there!!
    boats and hoesss, boats and hoesss

5th Gear

Status
    have the springs been checked to make sure there identical ?
    check the colour code on the springs themselves to ensure there identical
    last resort remove both rear springs and compare it maybe that a small piece has broken off the end of the spring and this is what is giving the differance

springs do not suddenly lose tension ,over time they sag and need replacing
    2003 pearlescent black s4 avant tiptronic - milltek exhaust - pre cats removed - remapped ...
    koni adjustable suspension front and rear
    alpine f1 dvi9990 -pxah990 headunit and processor - alpine d511r
    4 x focal 5ws midbass drivers - focal audiom 6w midrange - focal tce tweeters - velodyne df 12 sc servo controlled subwoofer
    3 x phoenix gold zpa 0.5 amplifiers

5th Gear

Status
    Springs are the same and are originals,pink, pink, blue are the colour stripes, i have owned the car for the last 7 years and knew where it had been from new,it has only mainly transported me, i understand springs may loose tension and sag but it't the higher side that's the problem not the side that's lower, i will strip the springs off and have a good look at them , coilovers are not for me.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have a set of spare springs for a 130sport avant if you would like them
    they are just sat in the shed and I have no use for them now so they are up for grabs if you want them

1st Gear

Status
    I'd be very interested in your spare springs
    A4 b6 1.8t 190 sport Quattro avant revo stage 1

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambster View Post
    I have a set of spare springs for a 130sport avant if you would like them
    they are just sat in the shed and I have no use for them now so they are up for grabs if you want them
    PM sent

Reverse Gear

Status
    Pm's sent

I am WOLF.......

Status
    Did you get to the bottom of this matt?
    Mine avant is suffering the same issue,rear end drivers side 20mm lower than passenger side.........

5th Gear

Status
    No not really i have done lots of experiments with an ex Audi tech from Watford, string round the tyre circumfrence exc to see if tyres are uneven, had another geometry check, springs measured, wish bone bolts and anything else that can be adjusted, still head scratching as everything checks out ok, 20mm seems a massive difference, mine is only 7mm and to be honest loads of people i try and show can't even see it but i do so still bugging me, however i test drove a B8 black edition today as was very impressed if only it had a better spec, so may be time to change the old B6.

I am WOLF.......

Status
    Ahh ok,to be honest mine bugs me too.Im fitting my new bbs alloys tomorrow soi'll have a measure when there on,,at least that will eliminate the alloys and tyres.

I am WOLF.......

Status
    Well ive just fitted my new wheels and its a bit better!
    im now only 10mm lower so my old alloys must have needed air................but whilst fitting my new wheels i noticed a coil spring was broke,looks like its the next job to do.

1st Gear

Status
    That's the danger when your doing upgrades Steve finding more jobs to do !! any pictures of the car with em on yet pal ?

Steveb5biker..
    B5 Avant 2.5 tdi 2000 X reg , Jaspis green, carbon vinyl roof and door pillars, remapped, fmic, 18" bbs lm rims, custom exhaust, coilovers, RS4 front bumper and grill, tints allround, pillar mounted boost/oil pressure guages, solid flywheel conversion.....

I am WOLF.......

Status
    Yeh here you go mate
    Post pics of your motors