455 miles from a full tank!!

boomtown

Reaction score
Have just achieved the above on a 3.0 v6 a4
Cruising at 70mph for 300 odd miles,full tank of Esso supreme after a seafoaming treatment

That's very good,

What would it do from 'normal' driving?

My 1.9tdi would just about manage that from a full tank !!

My 1.9tdi would just about manage that from a full tank

Just over half a tank (1 o'clock position) in mine today.
And drove from brighton to reigate in surrey.
Then from reigate to west brom in b.ham...then back to brighton.

30 miles left on dis. Well chuffed average 75-80 think near 400 miles today

Normal driving I get 24/30, this motorway trip worked out at nearly 40mpg

My 1.9tdi would just about manage that from a full tank

Just over half a tank (1 o'clock position) in mine today.
And drove from brighton to reigate in surrey.
Then from reigate to west brom in b.ham...then back to brighton.

30 miles left on dis. Well chuffed average 75-80 think near 400 miles today

That's from long distance continuous driving, I have a weekly commute of 40 miles a day on crap roads, I drive my car fairly hard, not changing gears till about 2500 rpm or so, constantly dropping a gear or two for bad corners and flooring it coming out of them :-D in a way it's no wonder why my car only does about 30 to 40 mpg with the way it is drove :-D

on a long motorway trip cruising at 60 mph in 6 th gear my car could easily do 50 mpg then but that doesn't happen to often :-(

I want a 3.0 V6! My A4 tdi does around 675 full tank sensible driving atm

I get about 340 miles on a tank brim to brim based on a 20 mile daily commute....smaller tank on the cab though I believe.

Just filled my 1.8t standard 190 bex engine code, got this as my miles til empty reading :)

20130517_121626_7.jpg

I only do short journeys 3 miles each way on school run and other little trips

Rob

I can just about do Aberdeen and back to nottingham on a full tank driving like miss daisy lol (870 miles)

Haha I know it is, be done 60 miles since filling up and is reading 455 still, wish it was a really read but it seems to drop fast once it get lower on fuel :-(

I got around 410 out of the full tank. So not too bad for the car really.

I can get about 350 miles with mixed driving, 400+ if it's mostly motorway driving.... and no, I don't have the extended range tank, only 65 litres.... not bad for a 3.0TFSI to get the same as my old 2.5TDI, especially since it's a bigger car and can do the 0-62 dash nearly 3 seconds quicker.