Cupra Splitter fitted

JasonS

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I fitted this a couple of weeks ago.. I'm not entirely convinced yet.

It does make the front look less smooth.

Was quite easy to fit, once I had the car on my ramps (with extensions).
I cut the tabs down so they were flat, cut down the central pillars to 2.5cm or so, lined them up with the center of the grill, held on with gaffa tape then screwed in place with stainless self-tappers and washers.
I then pulled the sides round, trimmed the ends so they fit flush with the wheel arches and fitted in place with more stainless self-tappers.

Cupra splitter small

I've now run out of things to do for now.. I replaced another parking sensor (that's 4 that the car has eaten now) and fitted a BlackVue camera for a couple of days - which I've removed as it blocked the mirror light sensor, so it was permanently dark and the videos were boring anyway..

I would use something stronger than self tappers, both the last two winters it has been pulled off my car as it acts as a snow plow

That's kind of the idea though with self tappers, for it to come off if hit something without ruining the bumper.
I nose dived a cattle grid with mine and the 2 side grilles flew off along with the splitter, if to secure I think it would have cracked the bumper while dragging it under the car.

Looks nice on a cab though!!

I think it looks good too, but how does it look from the side? Does it reach to the wheelarch?

Here is a pic of mine fitted. Im waiting for Relak side skirts to arrive then ill be colour coding the splitter and skirts...also fully de-chroming it and blacking out the grilles...more pics when its fully done..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368136062768.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368136062768.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 141
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368136106535.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368136106535.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 149
It fits your avant really well , but cabby bumpers seem more rounded so I wasn't sure if it would follow the lines as neatly. It also looks like cabriolets are slightly wider on the front? Need more pics JasonS :)

It reaches to the wheelarch, I had to cut a couple of inches off to make it sit right..

IMG 2560
IMG 2561

It's not perfect, but it will do..

Yes that does look sweet, very oem. I also can't believe how blue your screen looks, it seems a lot bluer? than mine , maybe it's due my yellow interior.

Could be.. Mine has an indigo blue leather interior.
I had cream leather in my Audi 80 Cabriolet.

Also, the screen has been replaced.. The previous owner said it had a 'flat spot' that he didn't like.

This is on my todo list but just not got round to it.

I like it.