Cv boot gone can't get pinch bolt out

Ian2012

Reaction score
Oh joy of joys it's cv boot time, the drivers side has gone and despite which huffing and puffing i can't shift the pinch bolt up top it's seized big time.

So how else can i get the shaft out of the hub, or remove the damn bolt, i haven't tried heat as i only have a basis plumbing type blow torch and i don't want to fry the upper joints either.

ta

ian

If you remove the two lower ball joints on the suspension arms then it will give you enough maneuverability to get the shaft out.

Reactions: pauldazzle
Hang fire with lower ball joints. You can disconnect at inner driveshaft. Held in place with splined bolts. You'll need to remove plastic trim where driveshaft goes from wheel to engine, and bell housing guard on inner driveshaft. Turn wheel to hard lock and you should be able to remove.

i cant seem to access one of the guard bolts and then ****** downpipe is in the way it's a 1.9 diesel thats the culprit

You don't need to separate anything to remove the shaft, I have recently replaced my driveshaft, unbolt from the gearbox and undo shaft bolt, and its a bit fiddly but it will feed through past the suspension parts