New Brake Pads

Mikebabs1

Reaction score
Hi all,

The Brake Pad warning light has just come up on the DIS. Can anyone give me any indication of how much these cost to replace?

The car's due its next AVS soon, so I'll get them done at the same time. Speaking of which, anyone know of a good independent in Kent? The car is now out of warranty, so I'll not be taking it to the stealers.

Cheers

Mike

Mine has just come up as well (55000 miles). Cheapest stealer quote I got was £114.56 all in. Independent in Manchester quoted me £98 all in for OEM pads.

Thanks Lon, that doesn't sound too bad. Mine's on 53k miles, so similar.

depending how hard you are on the brakes you probably have a good 1000 miles at least left on your pads. My guy in Slough does it with OEM parts for about 80 quid all in. I just got my pads and discs done and he only charged me £170 which aint too bad seeing as Audi wanted £155 pounds and that was just for parts no labour included! Dont know of any in Kent area though. Good luck.

Thanks CJ. The DIS is telling me my next AVS is due in 1000 miles, so I'm going to get the pads done at the same time.

Your guy in Slough sounds reasonable, I wish I had "a guy" - so to speak! ;o)

Cheers

Mike

No worries Mike ....he is very resonable. Had it done in 30 mins too. He use to be an Audi Master Tech but has now quit to start up his own garage. As for my guy....i ment my car mechanic....ahem ahheeemm cough cough!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif