Electric windows on rear doors part of option pack

TDI

Reaction score

Do all A4's come with electic rear windows as standard or is it an further option you have to pay for?

How much would it cost to convert manual to electric?

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Mine doesnt i think its an optional extra which in this day and age is absolutley rediculous. Audi really know how to screw you for every penny.

[ QUOTE ]
in this day and age is absolutley rediculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so, can't believe that in this day and age they aren't all electics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

They are all electric on the SE from 2003 I think. They were an option before that even on the SE. The 2003 model SE came with all elec windows, heated mirrors and washer jets, and cruise control as standard. They were options before that. They are still options on the sport model.

Mine's a 2004 Sport, and I have got them.. dont recall it being an option but you may be right! and heated mirrors - have not got washer jets though.. or cruise!

ive got an s-line 2004 and sadly manual rear windows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

my octavia vRS had all of these standard and more

Mine were £200+ as a option on a 2003 190 sport. Se cars should have them as standard

They are a pain to fit as they are not prewired for them and you need to replace the whole window assembly, rewire for the switches and replace & rewire the drivers switches. It can be done, but hardly worth the effort.

AndyMac,

I thought the answer was going to be that. I think it spoils the cars appeal to have two manual windows and two electric. Guess I'm going to have to live with it!

cheers

I've got the same problem in my 2.8 Quattro - £38k top of the range car when it was new with manual rear windows! Nice one Audi.
Someone on here suggested manual rear windows were a "no charge" de-option i.e. you could specify manual over the standard electric at no extra charge (or maybe get something else cheaper, like cc in lieu of sunroof), though why anyone would do this is beyond me. My car doesn't have any other options anyway apart from leather and I doubt even Audi would have cheaper leather in lieu of electric rears.

[ QUOTE ]

Someone on here suggested manual rear windows were a "no charge" de-option i.e. you could specify manual over the standard electric at no extra charge (or maybe get something else cheaper, like cc in lieu of sunroof), though why anyone would do this is beyond me. My car doesn't have any other options anyway apart from leather and I doubt even Audi would have cheaper leather in lieu of electric rears.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember that and I think it's very unlikely indeed.