Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Az

Thread: Will 19" RS6 9" wide et 35 fit

2nd Gear

Status

Will 19" RS6 9" wide et 35 fit

As title, really want these rims, will the fit? What size tyres would you recommend?

mike

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I have 8.5" x 18 ET32 all round and the front pokes out a couple of mm but rear is perfect.

9" is possible but think the extra 1/2" or 13mm will be too much unless the car is lowered and the arches sorted to pull it off........i am sure I will be corrected
    Last edited by Mike.M; 2nd May 2013 at 08:15.
    Mike

B6 A4 1.9 TDI Sport 130 - GMBH/S-Line kit - Akoya Silver
    - BUILD THREAD >>

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Yes they'll fit, 235/35/19 tyres would be fine too. You won't need arch work as mentioned above, mine are 19"x9.5" ET38 all round and it's pretty slammed, no arch work at all, and no rubbing.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

2nd Gear

Status
    cheers, I'm guessing the 255 tyres that come on the rims could cause an issue?

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Yep I'd say so mate, the 235's would give a very slight stretch to the tyre which will help (depending on which brand tyre you go for as some have rounder side walls than others), but 255's would create a very square side wall which on a 9" rim with an ET35 would be pushing it I reckon.

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    Yep I'd say so mate, the 235's would give a very slight stretch to the tyre which will help (depending on which brand tyre you go for as some have rounder side walls than others), but 255's would create a very square side wall which on a 9" rim with an ET35 would be pushing it I reckon.
    It ain't going to be cheap lol. These cars look so much better on 19's, only other option is BBS CH's or speedlines. But I like the factory look of the RS6's on my s line.

It's hard to spend £1k on wheels when it's 20% of the value of the car......

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by madmike01uk View Post
    It ain't going to be cheap lol. These cars look so much better on 19's, only other option is BBS CH's or speedlines. But I like the factory look of the RS6's on my s line.

It's hard to spend £1k on wheels when it's 20% of the value of the car......
    Or buy my wheels!

2nd Gear

Status
    Or buy my wheels!
    Are they for sale lol. I'm now leaning towards some speedlines, just need to find some in the right size, in the right condition, with the right rubber

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by madmike01uk View Post
    Are they for sale lol.
    More than likely yeah, think I'm gonna order new ones next week, just get the bank holiday out of the way first. If I get new wheels ordered then they will definitely go up for sale. I was thinking of putting up a gauging interest for sale thread this weekend.
    Pabs likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    More than likely yeah, think I'm gonna order new ones next week, just get the bank holiday out of the way first. If I get new wheels ordered then they will definitely go up for sale. I was thinking of putting up a gauging interest for sale thread this weekend.
    They won't hang around I'm sure. I want to try and get OEM audi wheels really.

Cheers

Mike