Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Possible End To My 2.5 TQS - Fuel Pump?

Decided to go out and take some photos this evening. Car has been running smoothly since all the belts were changed. Was doing 70mph on a stretch of dual carriageway when I lost all power. Car just ground to a halt. Tried restarting it but wouldn't fire. Popped the bonnet and looked for anything 'suspicious' as I'm not a mechanic and couldn't find anything. Called my brother who lives just a few miles from where I stopped and then waited. Tried restarting a few times but nothing.

Half a tank of diesel. No warning lights or messages. What I did notice was that if I just left the ignition on for about 30 seconds, the glow plug light starts to flash.

Anyway, got the car to my brothers house. He loosened the fuel lines and diesel is getting through when I turn it over, but he said it wasn't much, and should be coming through under pressure. The car is now with him and the mechanic will be checking it tomorrow.

Now that I'm back home, I've been Googling this past half hour or so, and the news doesn't look good. Either the pump has gone or the ECU in it has gone, and the options available aren't cheap, including the option to scrap the car!

What's more annoying is that I've been making little mods on it since I got it, and I was starting to like what I had done. I've taken photos of the various mods, and haven't even got around to starting a thread here on it, and now this.

Will post an update tomorrow evening... if I'm in a good mood.
    2001 A4 (B6) 2.5TDi V6 Quattro Sport Saloon

2. # ADS
    ADS

God Mode

Status
    Personally I'd get it repaired, cost of repairs will outweigh amount lost when selling/scrapping a broken car.
    Last edited by DieselJake; 2nd May 2013 at 04:40.

5th Gear

Status
    Look for parts from a car breaker also.
    Mike

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    DIESEL BOB's will supply a reconditioned pump for around the £600 mark and then get it fitted and coded to your car and your off again. |Whats the mileage your on? they usually go around the 150k mark
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swarcup View Post
    DIESEL BOB's will supply a reconditioned pump for around the £600 mark and then get it fitted and coded to your car and your off again. |Whats the mileage your on? they usually go around the 150k mark
    Thanks for the name. Just over 135k. £600 is a lot when the car only cost me £1500, and already spent £500 getting all the belts etc done a few months back. Am working my way around the local breakers, but nothing so far, and even if I can locate one, I suspect they'll want around £600 anyway, going by other bits I've tried getting from them. Will keep checking until the mechanic confirms the problem.

5th Gear

Status
    Let us know either way - I am after a few parts for my 2.5TDi Quattro, so if you decide to break I will take a few things from you.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGSi2000 View Post
    Let us know either way - I am after a few parts for my 2.5TDi Quattro, so if you decide to break I will take a few things from you.
    What do you need ? I have a b6 v6 tdi audi i might break for parts and also a b6 1.9 tdi quattro...both saloon's !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steamship View Post
    Thanks for the name. Just over 135k. £600 is a lot when the car only cost me £1500, and already spent £500 getting all the belts etc done a few months back. Am working my way around the local breakers, but nothing so far, and even if I can locate one, I suspect they'll want around £600 anyway, going by other bits I've tried getting from them. Will keep checking until the mechanic confirms the problem.
    I have a working injector pump from a 120k audi a4 saloon which i can sell for £350 posted, breaking full car so everything bar the engine is available ! I might fix the engine as well and sell as a runner if enough interest is shown !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    I have a working injector pump from a 120k audi a4 saloon which i can sell for £350 posted, breaking full car so everything bar the engine is available ! I might fix the engine as well and sell as a runner if enough interest is shown !
    Cheers. I'll keep that in mind while I shop around... and then wait for news from the mechanic.