JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

audi a4 aerial signal amplifier 2002

hi i'm new to the forum so bare with me if this has been asked before. Can anybody tell me how to fit a aerial signal amplifier as i have just brought one from ebay. I was getting no am reception and dodgy fm reception. Is this easy to fit.
    thanks
    Mark

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi mate welcome to the forum.

is yours a saloon or avant?
    if its a saloon, if you look at the top of the rear window from inside, you will see a long piece of trim that matches the headlining.
    its as simple as pulling this off and it's on the right. (Passenger side)
    it has 3 multi plugs on ad some stubborn clips holding it in.
    03 Mig blue 1.9tdi 130 saloon:- GMBH front, dark tints all round, fk coilovers,
    BMW TIGERCLAWS 19" 9j front + 10j rear, debadged rear. HIDs 6k, egr delete
    cominig soon:- votex rear,front end respray, parrot kit, remap, full paint correction

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyb6 View Post
    Hi mate welcome to the forum.

is yours a saloon or avant?
    if its a saloon, if you look at the top of the rear window from inside, you will see a long piece of trim that matches the headlining.
    its as simple as pulling this off and it's on the right. (Passenger side)
    it has 3 multi plugs on ad some stubborn clips holding it in.
    Hi. Thanks for your response. Is it just a matter of unplugging the multiclips and putting the new one in?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by markk320 View Post
    Hi. Thanks for your response. Is it just a matter of unplugging the multiclips and putting the new one in?
    Yeah just plug and play mate. Should take no longer than 10mins. You might need a flat head screwdriver at the most
    03 Mig blue 1.9tdi 130 saloon:- GMBH front, dark tints all round, fk coilovers,
    BMW TIGERCLAWS 19" 9j front + 10j rear, debadged rear. HIDs 6k, egr delete
    cominig soon:- votex rear,front end respray, parrot kit, remap, full paint correction

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyb6 View Post
    Yeah just plug and play mate. Should take no longer than 10mins. You might need a flat head screwdriver at the most
    Nice one. Thanks for your help.

1st Gear

Status
    Do you have a standard or aftermarket headunit? If it's aftermarket then it probably isnt powering the standard amplifier

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Why is the reception on Audi's sooooooo bad?! I have an aftermarket headunit in my car and it doesn't pick up anything on FM, it barely picks up radio 1 and that can be picked up anywhere in the country! Yet my wife's avant has the standard concert headunit in it and that's not much better.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

1st Gear

Status
    Reception was fantastic in my A4 with the concert fitted and is fantastic now with my Pioneer fitted. Have you definitely got the amplifier powered up?

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Not sure if it's powered up in mine to be honest, a conversion harness was bought for the original wiring loom and the aerial is connected as you would in a normal sinario. Have I missed something for powering the aerial amplifier?

Dont know what would be causing my wife's concert to have such a bad reception then cos that's not been touched.....

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    When you say amplifier are you talking about the amp that powers the sub in the boot and the rear speakers? Or is there an amplifier for the aerial? I'm assuming I've just answered my own question there cos you said there is an amplifier for the reception at the rear of the roof lining?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    When you say amplifier are you talking about the amp that powers the sub in the boot and the rear speakers? Or is there an amplifier for the aerial? I'm assuming I've just answered my own question there cos you said there is an amplifier for the reception at the rear of the roof lining?
    There's an aerial amplifier in the boot, you MUST fit an adapter in the aerial lead that injects 12V onto the aerial lead to power that amplifier - if you haven't fitted that then your radio reception will be cr*p.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    An right, ok mate thanks for that. I take or these aerial adapters are available on eBay? I'll have to have a look. Cheers.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    An right, ok mate thanks for that. I take or these aerial adapters are available on eBay? I'll have to have a look. Cheers.
    Try ads like this one AUTOLEADS AERIAL BOOSTER VW VAUXHALL AUDI PC5-90 | eBay

It's an Autoleads PC5-90 that you need, typing that gives 13 matches on eBay at the moment.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Try ads like this one AUTOLEADS AERIAL BOOSTER VW VAUXHALL AUDI PC5-90 | eBay

It's an Autoleads PC5-90 that you need, typing that gives 13 matches on eBay at the moment.
    Top man! Cheers for that mate, appreciate it.