A4 light switch from ebay

WOLF

Reaction score
Just recieved my new light switch from ebay.the old genuine is fine but scratched.Ive unplugged the old one by pushing/turning but when i plug the new one in the lights come on even in '0' position and cant turn them off............faulty switch or have i not followed some procedure?
thanks
steve

wrong switch

same part number ?

as bez says

wrong switch I did the same thing ages ago when I knew nothing about these cars and thought any would fit! it turned out the one I bought was for a A3 sport back

Hmmm, I've just received (this morning) a mk4 golf headlight switch, the one with the chrome surround on the switch itself. I wonder if I'm gonna have the same issue?? Out of interest, to remove the original headlight switch, is it just a case of what you said, push and twist to remove from the dash? If so, which way do you twist it to release it please? I was under the impression I was going to have to remove the dash centre trim and lower part of the dash to get it out.

same part number ?

Your on the ball mate,wrong switch according to part numbers......oh hell i'll have to return for the right one.
cheers
buddy.:icon_thumright:

Hmmm, I've just received (this morning) a mk4 golf headlight switch, the one with the chrome surround on the switch itself. I wonder if I'm gonna have the same issue?? Out of interest, to remove the original headlight switch, is it just a case of what you said, push and twist to remove from the dash? If so, which way do you twist it to release it please? I was under the impression I was going to have to remove the dash centre trim and lower part of the dash to get it out.

Just press in,turn to the right and pull:thumbsup:

hope he will swap it for you

It's an easy swap as mentioned.

People have used Golf switches before, from memory they worked ok, but they don't sit 'upright' in the same manner.

It's an easy swap as mentioned.

People have used Golf switches before, from memory they worked ok, but they don't sit 'upright' in the same manner.

Yep, I'm aware of that, when the golf switch is in the upright position it's on side lights, as aposed to our original switch which would be in the off position, but I'm cool with that, it's no biggie. :)

Ive just bought the correct switch as i got the wrong one and the company wouldn't refund so ive just put the incorrect switch up for sale...ahh well.:redface:

whats the part number

Part number for correct switch is 8EO 941 531A
switch i ordered wrong is 8E0 941 531

Just got my new replacement switch,works perfectly:salute:

Still got the one i ordered wrong if anyone needs one.