convertible bumper options

justin3779

Reaction score
hi folks joined a while ago when i had my s3 but she is unfortunately long gone and i am looking at starting my next project in the next 4-6 weeks, im going to be doing a b6 convertible and wanted the votex front skirt however from what im reading it wont fit, has anybody fitted one to a convertible or know what would be involved to fit one and if its not possible then what are the options available for the soft top ??????

as usual all help and advice is appreciated guys

theres no oem options for the b6 bumper
stick a cupra splitter on there

i did this a few year ago

im really tempted by the oettinger front but i prefer the votex, there cant be that much difference between the saloon and convertible bumpers

the b6 saloon and avant bumper is a 2 part bumper
the cabby has a 1 piece front bumper
so you cant split the bumper to fit the vortex bottom

so how about a saloon top half with votex attached ? even though its one peice instead of two are the mounting points / locations the same ?????

no its a diffrent bumper altogeather
the b6 saloon avant has the grill in the bonnet
cab in the bumper
you would have to change wings bonnet bumper etc
just look at yours and look at a pic of the saloon you will see why

in that case i might have to move away from OEM and go aftermarket

yep thats the only way unless you do a b6 or b7 conversion

nah plan is kercher sideskirts, carbon b7 s4 rear diffuser, 19" audi rotors b7 rear lights and then a nice respray by my brother so the front needs something to balance it out i just need to figure out what lol

the rdx s line bumper looks like it will be the best bet to be honest, i hate the big grill b7 conversions they do but the s line one looks really good

you should beable to get a bumper bonnet etc prety easy

Is this what you're after? 21062009005

I don't know where I found this pic but it looks like the votex lip on a stock cabriolet bumper, sure I've got some more pics somewhere too.

That votex front looks the nuts on that cabby if your bros a painter im sure he could make it fit