Any one had engine mounts knock on a4 1.9 tdi

Stusa4

Reaction score
The knock is quit a fast knock I have coil overs on the car and I have replaced every arm on the front

Not much help to you but, I have a fast knock on my b7, speed humps are ok butbgetbon a bit of a rough road and the bottom of the car sounds like a bag of spanners. Cars been up on ramps and I can't find anything loose or untoward??

Mine is exactly the same mate have u got coilovers on your car ?

No mate had a Vw t5 on coils and was never happy with them, had the car on a shaker ramp on Saturday and the only thing that could be found was the engine mount right at the front of the engine. Think I'm going to let it develop a little more before I say it's that for definate.

Does this happen when you change gears from 1st into 2nd? If so then you need a new transmission mount, they only cost about €50 and you can fit it yourself if you can, or get it fitted for about €40, thats what it cost me, and it's made a huge difference, the sloppy gear change, and weird knocking has gone, this seems to be quite common and quite an easy fix.
More than likely it wont be your engine mounts, unless your car has been used for rallying.
Hope this helps!

i had one on my 2.5tdi, it sounded like a rapid knocking for a second or so on take off and knocked again when slowing, it only happened at low speeds. A fault scan didnt show it up, I replaced the arms and drop links and antiroll bar bushes, it was only by lifting the bonnet and looking through the gap that appears below the bonnet you could see the engine lifting as you set off. Obviously ensure you cant hit anything first. Then from under the car i supported the engine under the sump with a plank of wood and a steel spreader plate on a jack and undid the bracket that holds the engine mount and then you could see that the whole piece of steel around the bottom bolt had sheared into two pieces and some had disapeared. A new mount was fitted in an hour or so and cost around £105 that was for the one with the sensor on. hope it helps

Got coilovers on too,and hsve this dreaded rattling.
Notice it more at slow speeds too.
Gona pop over garage and get the engine mounts checked i think.

But this noise has only happened since coilover change.