Triple QX PD oil

Ian2012

Reaction score
Looks Euro Car Parts have an offer on at the moment 25% off and a free filter, is there oil any good?? I was going to use Millers but can't find any local to me.

ta

Ian

Not tried the engine oil but I put some QX in my gearbox....it felt awful. ECP do have branded oils such as Castrol Edge Turbo Diesel, which I use. Don't feel pressure by the offer end date...they've had 25% off for 3 months now and the code "lastchance25" works for any parts if you use the click and collect feature.

I use the triple qx in my 1.8t it meets vw 504 spec and i highly rate it. Cant comment on a diesel but in mine its perfect

I personally would rather spend a little extra and get oil from a known brand. This is what I got, it's very cheap at the moment too. Castrol Edge 4L 5W-30 Engine Oil: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Sorry pal but this oil doesn't carry the 505.01 or the 506.01 spec as recommended by Audi for fixed service or long life service, respectively, for PD engines. 507.00 is the latest VAG long life spec but the due to the age of of our B6s, you won't see it in the manual. I'm sticking to what the manual says! As I posted above, Castrol Edge TURBO DIESEL is what you want, identified by a black cap as opposed to the red cap.

See here or full VAG oil specs

Sorry pal but this oil doesn't carry the 505.01 or the 506.01 spec as recommended by Audi for fixed service or long life service, respectively, for PD engines. 507.00 is the latest VAG long life spec but the due to the age of of our B6s, you won't see it in the manual. I'm sticking to what the manual says! As I posted above, Castrol Edge TURBO DIESEL is what you want, identified by a black cap as opposed to the red cap.

See here or full VAG oil specs

This does carry the VW 507.00 which is suitable for PD engines. As mentioned here Castrol EDGE 5W-30 FST fully synthetic engine oil

If you use the oil finder on the Castrol site you will see it also recommends this oil for PD engines as well as the 5w40 spec Edge.

This does carry the VW 507.00 which is suitable for PD engines. As mentioned here Castrol EDGE 5W-30 FST fully synthetic engine oil

If you use the oil finder on the Castrol site you will see it also recommends this oil for PD engines as well as the 5w40 spec Edge.

Well I stand corrected! Begs the question then, why are they producing the turbo diesel spec along with the 507.00 spec???

I stand by my statement though, 505.01 or 506.01 is what it says in the manual, so I'm sticking to it :laugh:

Never used it, I'm always inclined to use a known oil brand; Castrol, Fuchs.etc

Cheers guys, i am not using the car on longlife servicing every 10k for me

Cheers guys, i am not using the car on longlife servicing every 10k for me

No problem but putting longlife service oil in a car which is on a fixed service interval will not do any harm at all, in fact I would go as far as saying it may offer even more protection as it's a more robust oil. But don't quote me on that!

I was in ECP today and asked who makes the oil and i was told Shell

its quite possibly one of three culprits, tetrosyl, granville or exol never is it blended by shell. maybe shell base stocks are used and that's as far as the relationship with shell goes. Fuchs is factory fill for VAG stick with that you wont go wrong. . .

it's in the engine now so we will see..........

Been using that stuff for 40 odd thou it still starts and drives with no problems!

It meets vag spec so no problem!