Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

Triple QX PD oil

Looks Euro Car Parts have an offer on at the moment 25% off and a free filter, is there oil any good?? I was going to use Millers but can't find any local to me.

ta

Ian

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I personally would rather spend a little extra and get oil from a known brand. This is what I got, it's very cheap at the moment too. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Castrol-Edge.../dp/B004GZQTQ4

2nd Gear

Status
    Not tried the engine oil but I put some QX in my gearbox....it felt awful. ECP do have branded oils such as Castrol Edge Turbo Diesel, which I use. Don't feel pressure by the offer end date...they've had 25% off for 3 months now and the code "lastchance25" works for any parts if you use the click and collect feature.
    A4 Avant 1.9 TDi Sport GmbH

3rd Gear

Status
    I use the triple qx in my 1.8t it meets vw 504 spec and i highly rate it. Cant comment on a diesel but in mine its perfect
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cnut View Post
    I personally would rather spend a little extra and get oil from a known brand. This is what I got, it's very cheap at the moment too. Castrol Edge 4L 5W-30 Engine Oil: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
    Sorry pal but this oil doesn't carry the 505.01 or the 506.01 spec as recommended by Audi for fixed service or long life service, respectively, for PD engines. 507.00 is the latest VAG long life spec but the due to the age of of our B6s, you won't see it in the manual. I'm sticking to what the manual says! As I posted above, Castrol Edge TURBO DIESEL is what you want, identified by a black cap as opposed to the red cap.

See here or full VAG oil specs

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Doodah View Post
    Sorry pal but this oil doesn't carry the 505.01 or the 506.01 spec as recommended by Audi for fixed service or long life service, respectively, for PD engines. 507.00 is the latest VAG long life spec but the due to the age of of our B6s, you won't see it in the manual. I'm sticking to what the manual says! As I posted above, Castrol Edge TURBO DIESEL is what you want, identified by a black cap as opposed to the red cap.

See here or full VAG oil specs
    This does carry the VW 507.00 which is suitable for PD engines. As mentioned here Castrol EDGE 5W-30 FST fully synthetic engine oil

If you use the oil finder on the Castrol site you will see it also recommends this oil for PD engines as well as the 5w40 spec Edge.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cnut View Post
    This does carry the VW 507.00 which is suitable for PD engines. As mentioned here Castrol EDGE 5W-30 FST fully synthetic engine oil

If you use the oil finder on the Castrol site you will see it also recommends this oil for PD engines as well as the 5w40 spec Edge.
    Well I stand corrected! Begs the question then, why are they producing the turbo diesel spec along with the 507.00 spec???

I stand by my statement though, 505.01 or 506.01 is what it says in the manual, so I'm sticking to it

5th Gear

Status
    Never used it, I'm always inclined to use a known oil brand; Castrol, Fuchs.etc

2002 A4 Avant Quattro Sport 2.5 V6 TDi - 219Bhp - Votex
    BCS Automotive Turbo-Back - Remap -
    19" RS6 Reps - B6 S4 Brakes - Symphony II+
    - Weitec GT
    - 2001 Honda CBR600-FS1 -

1st Gear

Status
    The turbo diesel spec is fine for PD engines which are on fixed service intervals but the 5W30 spec meets the long life service intervals as well. This is mentioned here: Castrol Edge Turbo Diesel (FST) 5W-40 advanced synthetic engine oil

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers guys, i am not using the car on longlife servicing every 10k for me

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian2012 View Post
    Cheers guys, i am not using the car on longlife servicing every 10k for me
    No problem but putting longlife service oil in a car which is on a fixed service interval will not do any harm at all, in fact I would go as far as saying it may offer even more protection as it's a more robust oil. But don't quote me on that!

2nd Gear

Status
    I was in ECP today and asked who makes the oil and i was told Shell

Reverse Gear

Status
    its quite possibly one of three culprits, tetrosyl, granville or exol never is it blended by shell. maybe shell base stocks are used and that's as far as the relationship with shell goes. Fuchs is factory fill for VAG stick with that you wont go wrong. . .

2nd Gear

Status
    it's in the engine now so we will see..........

5th Gear

Status
    Been using that stuff for 40 odd thou it still starts and drives with no problems!

It meets vag spec so no problem!