Water meth??

Andie0

Reaction score
Right i have taken my car to its limit before upgrading turbos or anything,mi was just wondering if anyone has attempted water meth in there 1.8t and what results they got from it! Want to squeeze as much power out of it on standard turbo to not risk blowing engine! Ive heard the lower intake temps and lower running temperature which come with installing water meth kit allow higher boost pressures and more bhp! Any info on this would be great thanks

I notice quite a reduction in inlet temps when mine is on, I'm yet to dyno it since installing the kit but it feels like it has more low down grunt than before.

What kit did you fit in your car? Also what parts did you need, ive been told there is a spacer you an buy for between the inlet manifold and head that has a opening at top for the injector to screw into? Also did you set it up yourself?

The kit is by cooling mist and my trusty mechanic installed it, the system is set up to start at 10psi and up and off at 8 psi, this avoids quenching. We removed part of the inlet pipework about 15cm upstream of the inlet manifold to keep the pipework from the sov as short as possible. I have a few photos somewhere so will try to upload them for you, we tapped into the washer bottle as it has a low level switch so I dont run the pump dry:)

If you could upload them pics it would be great definetly want to go down this path soon

This is the only photo i can find at the moment, I will take a couple of pics for you when I get home, The pump is mounted close to the washer bottle.

IMG 20130108 WA0000

I also would like to no the answer to that question! As am going to buy kit if it is decent so i can run advanced timing!!

To be honest I already had my turbo upgraded, and until I dyno it i'm guessing as to how much difference there is, but I'd go with the bigger turbo even though it would probably be more money

Looks sik want it... I think i will wait until i get my hybrid then go for this