no camber adjustment!

deano1978

different gear
Reaction score
Well after one day of driving,also letting the coilovers settle,i noticed extreme wear on inside tyres.
I slammed other motors b4 and gradually you notice the signs on the tyres

Im shocked to see so much wear after a day of driving (100 miles) usually takes weeks to see that amoint of wear!

So went to get an alignment...
"cant adjust the camber on your car"

all he could do was adjust the toe in-out.

If i knew this i wldnt never of lowered! Been through all these tyre burns b4.

I assumed it was poss,saw loads of post stating get allignment after lowering?

Am i missing somthing???

Tracking should always be done after lowering, the camber is adjustable on the A4 at the front. The only thing I can think of is the adjustment is seized that's why it couldn't be adjusted.

My car is pretty slammed and I don't get much inside wear at all considering. The geometry was done after I had my coilovers fitted and you can see from just looking at how the wheels sit in the arches that there is very little negative camber, so it must be adjustable cos my car must be lowered around 60-70mm at least, and if it wasn't adjustable then I would of eaten through a set of tyres in a matter of weeks!

The front camber can't be adjusted on the A4 without changing the upper control arms for modified ones.

The rear camber is adjustable as standard

Interesting, well my tyres wear pretty damn well then considering cos I haven't changed the front upper control arms for aftermarket ones.

Az,how low you running? Mine is the sport set up,so id like to think my set up is abit different to a se set up.
So im only lower then oem ride by about 20mm at the moment,but such adverse tyre burn because of this.

From floor to wheel arch im about 24 1/5 inches all round.
From wheel edge to arch 55mm.

Mine is a sport as well so mine was on original lowered suspension before the coilovers too. I'll do the measurements for you the same way you have and let you know. What size wheels are you running as that'll make a difference to the measurements from floor to arch too.

Mine is a sport as well so mine was on original lowered suspension before the coilovers too. I'll do the measurements for you the same way you have and let you know. What size wheels are you running as that'll make a difference to the measurements from floor to arch too.

topman.

245/35/19 rear
235/35/19 front

Well I've got 235/35/19 all round so basically the same set up. I'll get it measured today for you when I pop out.