Chris NottBadger5

Thread: temp gauge

Reverse Gear

Status

temp gauge

Right then guys, ive had my car about 5 weeks now. I replaced the thermostat and that didn't really seem to make a difference. So I bought a oem equivalant stat, and all was well for a couple of days and then the gauge didn't seem to get much past the 50 degree mark. So I bought a genuine temp sensor, and its made no difference. Oh, its a 2003 1.9tdi 130 avant.

Any ideas?

Cheers guys

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    sounds like you have a dead stat

replace it with a genuine one cheap ones are crap and can be dead from new seen this many times

Reverse Gear

Status
    ok cool, will get onto that tomorrow. Dunno why I didn't think of that. 3rd stat in 5 weeks has gotta be a record haha.

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Let us know how you get on Lee cos my wife's 2.0 has the same issue, EML came on a couple of weeks ago and the fault showed as the G62 coolant temp sensor, but it had a genuine new one from tps fitted not so long ago so I'm wondering if it's the stat. When driving it runs at 50 degrees, sit stationary in a bit of traffic and it lifts to 70+ degrees, get moving again and it drops back down to 50 degrees.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

Reverse Gear

Status
    Well im off to collect the stat tomorrow, so will know by tomorrow night if it's that or not. £25 bloody quid from halesowen audi.

Neutral

Status
    Could possibly be coolant temperature sensor

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee. View Post
    Well im off to collect the stat tomorrow, so will know by tomorrow night if it's that or not. £25 bloody quid from halesowen audi.
    Cool, keep us posted. The price has gone up quite a bit since I had to buy a new stat for my 2.5 TDi, that was about 18 or so months ago now and it was only £17 for a genuine one.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mav190sline View Post
    Could possibly be coolant temperature sensor
    That's been changed buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    Cool, keep us posted. The price has gone up quite a bit since I had to buy a new stat for my 2.5 TDi, that was about 18 or so months ago now and it was only £17 for a genuine one.
    Couldn't get there before 13.00, so going to have to be monday now. Ahh well, got a decent sleep anyway...