Door Blade removal....

T0m

Reaction score
....I know how to do it but Ive undone the screw and tried to slide them off (I have a damaged one that needs repainting) has anyone got any tips on getting them off all the gunk and **** over the years has made mine hard to remove.

Thanks

Tom

Just a firm pull really, it's been a while since I've taken mine off but I'm sure there's only the one screw.

Yeah i tried a firm pull but it didnt want to budge mate....

I just took mine off at the weekend, just unscrew the 2 x screws at each end and give them a tug. They should slide off real easy. If they dont then maybe give them a light tap using a cloth and the palm of your hand along the length

As above, just remember to tap the blade towards the rear of the car. I had one that was tight the rest were dead easy to pull off.

Czm there is only 1 screw per door blade?! I could only see one plus the write up in the bumper options sticky only mentions one screw?!

Did mine on the avant recently and there are definitely 2 screws per blade. Still had to give them one hell of a tug once screws were out.

2nd screw is tucked in right at the hinge end of the door.

Can also confirm that there are two screws, and yes, give it a good whack with the palm of your hand towards the back of the car. Am looking at fitting bigger ones, but wanted to ensure I could get the current ones off first.

Czm there is only 1 screw per door blade?! I could only see one plus the write up in the bumper options sticky only mentions one screw?!

No sorry T0m but there are 2 screws per blade, as Steffgj said the one you have prob missed is tucked right near the hinge

Apologies for the confusion, if the sticky thread only mentions one screw per blade I'll correct it tomorrow, my mistake.

No wonder it wouldnt budge and Quattro yeah it says one screw in the B6 bumper options sticky tut tut haha