Dropped drivers door, anyone else seen this?

GeoffDunk

Reaction score
Website
www.gdluxurytransport.co.uk
Hi all,

I have resently noticed a significant drop in my drivers door, very other door is fine.

When the door is closed the latch lifts the door almost into its correct position, but when opened it drops by at least 5mm which is realy noticable when the door is on the 1st step of the latch.

What else is noticable is that the inner door cards are miss aligned too which is very anoying becasue as we all know the b6/7 door cards rap round from the dash and join the door in a good looking way.

I can't see any adjustment on the hinge, can they be adjusted?

Regards,

Geoff

p.s. I could have the upper door fram raised to compensate but I would rather not have done this if I could help it.

Hi m8
within the few days my front wheels have started to sweek when on turn and my
drivers door also has dropped around 2 mm
The same thing when closing the lach brings the door up to its proper place ...

Mine has dropped also which is beginning to annoy me as its rubbing the edge of my wing, surely there must be a way of adjusting it.

do you regularly park on a slope? had your door open for a long period?

That's how mine dropped on my 3 door A3

Not a very precise way to adjust your door and I will warn you that if you aren't careful it could damage your hinge but this is how I adjusted it on the A3

Long piece of wood under the widest section of the door metal (not the edge of the outer skin) under the rear half of the door. Trolley jack underneath the wood and raise up very slowly and gently - lower again then recheck the door - repeat until level

This is at your own risk and is only if your hinge isn't the fault

My cars always on the drive which isn't sloped but ive only owned the car for 11 months so cant really comment for previous owners, may give that a go I may also compensate for it a little when I fit a new wing,

My drivers door doesnt sit right either, however, it looks level but it looks like the whole door is a few mm further toward the wing that it should be, leaving a bigger gap between front and rear doors if that makes sense?

Is this something that can be adjusted like the level of the door can be? Its bugging me now because it doesnt sound right when you close the door or when youre on a bump road.

Must be a member on here that works at a body shop
I'm a panel beater by trade

i haven't had a close look at the hinge on mine as my door has dropped too but I think there is one big bolt going into the A post through the hinge, loosen this a little and lift the furthest part of the door a bit then tighten.

you may need a friend and might need to slacken the top bolt too.

or it could be your striker plate at fault. Could adjust that too.

il look tomorrow and try and get more info for you

I'm a panel beater by trade

i haven't had a close look at the hinge on mine as my door has dropped too but I think there is one big bolt going into the A post through the hinge, loosen this a little and lift the furthest part of the door a bit then tighten.

you may need a friend and might need to slacken the top bolt too.

or it could be your striker plate at fault. Could adjust that too.

il look tomorrow and try and get more info for you

Cheers....