Fitting Porsche Wheels

Mollygoogle

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I know there are other threads about this but I just wanted to get confirmation for the specific wheels I have. Car is an A4 1.9 Sport. Presently on standard Sport suspension, will be moving to coilovers soon. The wheels are 18" Kahn RS-R's off a Porsche 911. Fronts are 8J ET49, rears are 9.5J ET52.

Obviously, I need adaptors to make them fit, the question is what thickness should they be to fill the arch and avoid scrubbage? The car wont be slammed on its rails and I'm not looking for huge camber or 'poke' (yeah, thats right, I'm down with the kids!). I just want it to sit nice.

Any help will be massively appreciated. As I right this I realise that I didn't note what size tyres are on them, though I can get that info later if needed.

Nice
I think 10 mm on front
and rears you will def need 20 mm spacers

i had AMGs on for winter and same size but ET are def so yours will need spacers
hope that helps

Aim for an offset of 35 that will give you the look you want without any rubbing issues

what you need to do is get some hub convertors made to the et you have left will make your wheels 32 et about the right offset for the perfect look so your fronts need to be 17mm think (not very save at all you need at least 30mm to be save) and the rear you need 20mm convertor to give you an et of 32 .... your fronts are no good to you you need 2 some diffent wheels i think

I would go for 15mm spacers on the rear to make them an ET37 which should be absolutely fine for no scrubbing issues, and the front I would go for 20mm spacers to make them an ET29 which will be fine considering they are only 8" wide, that way you'll have no issues on full lock etc.

Might be an idea to post a few pics up of how the wheels currently sit on your car, post a pic looking down the side of the car so we can see how far into the arches they sit, and how the rear looks in comparison to the front.

As they are Porsche wheels they wont go on without adaptors so I can't offer pics up for comparison.

The majority of posts above go along with what I was thinking so I am going to order one pair of 15mm and one pair of 20mm.

Thanks for your input guys

As they are Porsche wheels they wont go on without adaptors so I can't offer pics up for comparison.

The majority of posts above go along with what I was thinking so I am going to order one pair of 15mm and one pair of 20mm.

Thanks for your input guys

Sorry I must of mis read and thought you already had them fitted but wanted to know what size spacers to use with them. Post pics once they're on then! You gonna give us any clues as to what porka rims they are?

Sorry I must of mis read and thought you already had them fitted but wanted to know what size spacers to use with them. Post pics once they're on then! You gonna give us any clues as to what porka rims they are?

It's all in the OP :thumbsup:

It's all in the OP :thumbsup:

Well obviously nothing was going into my head and staying there yesterday! My excuse is that I'm up for work at 2:30am and it fries your brain after a while! Still, looking forward to seeing them fitted!

Trial fitted today and damn they are close at the back! If I put the 20mm spacers at the back abd the 15's at the front they are better.

Next question, the standard wheel bolt sticks through the 15mm spacer by about 2.5mm. Does anyone know what bolts I need to correct this?