HELLA LEDayline 5 Daytime Running Lights

Gotta say I'm really not a fan of DRLs . Some of them are waaaaaay too bright and I have seen some positioned so badly I couldn't see the front indicators.

What front have you got on your car? And where are you going to fit them?

How are you going to be able to fit a slim led unit into a honeycomb effect grille and make it look good?

I have the Ring dual function (day brightness and night brightness) SMD LED DRL's and I fitted them in my fog light grilles, but I have an S4 front bumper and grilles so that's obviously different to yours, but you get the idea. I had to shave just a little bit off of my front bumper and a little bit off of the grilled to make them fit as I wanted them to look as factory fitted as possible. I'm pleased with the outcome though! One of mine did die as mentioned after about a year, but we'll see how the new ones last.

100_0658.jpg

100_0668.jpg

100_0669.jpg

100_0674.jpg

100_0675.jpg

They look good, I like them. But I don't think fitting them to a GmbH front will be anywhere near as forgiving!

[QUO lbTE=quattrojames;1831487]They look good, I like them. But I don't think fitting them to a GmbH front will be anywhere near as forgiving![/QUOTE]

I will use a toolmaker to machine slots for DRLs , the company I work for has lots of let's say plenty of skill sets to machine virtually anything in any material almost

I have the Ring dual function (day brightness and night brightness) SMD LED DRL's and I fitted them in my fog light grilles, but I have an S4 front bumper and grilles so that's obviously different to yours, but you get the idea. I had to shave just a little bit off of my front bumper and a little bit off of the grilled to make them fit as I wanted them to look as factory fitted as possible. I'm pleased with the outcome though! One of mine did die as mentioned after about a year, but we'll see how the new ones last.

100_0658.jpg

100_0668.jpg

100_0669.jpg

100_0674.jpg

100_0675.jpg
That looks epic nice job

Gotta say I'm really not a fan of DRLs . Some of them are waaaaaay too bright and I have seen some positioned so badly I couldn't see the front indicators.

on newer cars they dim the drl when the indicator is active, some even active the fog light on the side that is indicating

They look ok, but iv gotta say - im not a fan of DRL's, they are the modern day version of the lexus light.