EM TuningChris Nott
    Az
    Hard slammed!

Status

Contemplating whether to sell my winter wheels and tyres, but what are they worth?

Hi guys,

Asthe title says, I'm toying whether to sell my winter wheels and tyres as I don't have the space for them to be stored when not in use, but I really don't know what they are worth.....

They are the original fat 5 spoke design 16" alloys with proper Fulda Kristall Montero 2 winter snow tyres, they're in average shape, 2 wheels have kerb rashes up a couple of spokes and one other one has spider webbed laquer. The tyres are all very good with even wear, rear tyres on 5mm and the front ones are between 3-4mm.

Would really like to keep them, especially as my wife now has a b6 avant herself, but as said just don't have the room for them in the shed what with it being stacked up with garden toys for our 3 kids.

So what do people reckon the going rate is? Hard to price wheels that have winter tyres I think.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Have you tried completed listings on eBay? You might get an idea on there if you can find a similar set. Maybe wait until later in the year as you might get more for them then.
    2004 A4 Avant Sport TDI..

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Na, good plan! I'll have a look at completed/sold items now.

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

Loving the anonymity

Status

Contemplating whether to sell my winter wheels and tyres, but what are they worth?

I'd also look into splitting the tyres from them. Someone might already have a spare set of alloys and want just tyres. When I looked for wheels it seems that tyres and wheels together don't always make as much.

And there's bound to be someone who will want a set of those awful 16's maybe! I've kept mine purely for winter tyres. If I ever get rid of the audi I'll sell them on, or donate them.

I bet they'd look quite nice on a smaller car, as I like the design. But, they're just too small for the a4.

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    I don't think they look too bad actually, your right in the sense that they look too small for a big car but for winter wheels they are perfect cos they're so easy to clean!

2nd Gear

Status
    Ebay, anyone north of london should have your arm off!!!!! could you not stash them in a mates loft, garage etc, i see them as essential kit

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    I've already asked around but anyone I know that may of had some space in their garage etc is completely out of space.

Here are some pics of them, I hate putting things up for auction on eBay incase they hardly have any watchers and it ends up selling for absolute peanuts, then I'd be gutted, even a reserve I wouldn't know what to set it at really.....