Not a good weekend...

Lee.

Reaction score
Had the car two weeks now, it's a 52plate 1.9tdi avant.

Right so frFriday morning driving to work I can here a very faint squeak, and thought nothing of it, got into the car after work, and the battery light doesn't go out so I pop the bonnet. Auxiliary belt is really slack, so a phone call to the Rac is in order. A chap comes out and has a nose around to tell me one of the tensions has given up, GREAT.

So I thought today I woul cclear all the snow off ready to take the car to the garage in the morning and I lift the rear wiper up and it comes off in my hand!

GREAT!

this is all after I serviced it last weekend and changed the thermostat...

****** car, Ithought it would be nice a rreliable after a mk2 golf...

Just one of those things mate, it's over 10 years old, rear wiper is unfortunate, but the belt and tensioner is just wear and tear unfortunately. We're having a couple of small teething problems with my wife's 2.0 avant that we bought her last weekend, it's only on 79k with full service history and a very meticulous maintainence folder but it's an 11 year old car so we've gotta expect a few niggly issues I guess.

Yeah stuff happens after ten years, couple tweaks and it'll be good as new.
Whack a grommet in the rear wiper, unless you feel the need to have one.

Yes these things do happen to us all.
Bear with it. They are good engines (cars) just have to work with them.
Had probs myself.
Back to normal now :)

As others have said - My car has cost me a small fortune the past year iv owned it, I guess that will come with any car of the same age though.
That said - I wouldnt have it any other way, its a labour of love - plus I plan on keeping the car a long time!