Cab roof problems

ab6

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the forum sorry to start with a fault but I have bought a Quattro Sport Cab (2003) with a roof fault. The roof retracts as you would expect until one of the roof bars catches on the front part of the storage compartment. This prevents the roof folding completely away. It all appears straight & lines up perfectly when you put the roof back up. Not sure how to remedy this and have searched for any previous problems to no avail.

Thanks for the quick reply... Will post a pick tomorrow.

P1040489 Point where it gets stuck. Roof bar is catching on the metal above storage area.

P1040490 Side view at same point.

Thanks in advance.

Hard to say exactly but if you mean it s hitting the bit right behind the rear seats it looks a bit like the whole roof mechanism is slightly too far forward. If you look on youtube there are some good quality vids of the roof opening , might be worth a watch to see how the positioning matched yours.

Is the rams opening the back cover enough? The rams could be weak or hydraulic pressure low due to low fluid level the pump is located on the osr corner behind radio amp,you cannot fit the roof out of line I've fitted 3 now

Hi all I'm new to this forum. My roof wouldn't retract correctly - completed full manual reset and all was fine for a few weeks. Tried to open yesterday and went into fault. I completed 1st part of manual reset by folding roof into roof deck and locked and ignition on press roof down button for 20 sec. But when I went to reopen roof deck with manual key at back the latches will not open!! Any ideas?? The only thing I can think of is my mate manged open boot after 1st cycle which we didn't do on previous reset. Any ideas please