Help with car key replacement button fitting

gtvlew

Reaction score
As above really, has anyone fitted this to theirs and whats the trick in getting old button membrain off
dsc05900sn.jpg

Last edited:
Yes - just take the key apart - lever somerthing into the slot - I can't recall exactly how I then went about getting the insert out, it, but it was easy enough and went ok. I seem to recall taking the battery out (??) too. But as I was replacing it anyway at the same time, that may not actually have been necessary. You'll need to reset the car / key of course.

I think this is what I did - To re programme I put the key in the drivers door and unlocked by turning the key then locked using the key then unlocked using the key fob immediately with the key still in the lock

Or - see this - The Audi TT Forum :: View topic - Changing Key Fob Button with Pics someone in the thread also talks about putting the pad in boiling water.

Mike

Last edited:
All sorted, used a watchmakers screwdriver to remove old cover just pops out, put new cover in boiling water to soften up for 30-40 secs, dried and then pushed home new cover into place, all done for £2.70
dsc05905h.jpg

Reactions: stevewr1
ive bought the same and the pad seems stuck.

is the procedure to split the key from the fob and then the button pad slides out and the new one slides into a groove?

All sorted, used a watchmakers screwdriver to remove old cover just pops out, put new cover in boiling water to soften up for 30-40 secs, dried and then pushed home new cover into place, all done for £2.70
dsc05905h.jpg

Nice 1..