Passenger door

themascot1903

Reaction score
New member but used the sight for a while (handy tips and tricks)

My passenger door is locked shut and will not open from outside or inside, does anybody have any tricks to get the door card off and gain access to the lock mechanisim.

You can hear it trying to open but there is just not enough oomph.

Tried all the electrical s off and tried the double handle aproach still nothing.

Audi a4 b6 Avant sport.

The door card wraps around the locking mech, short of destroying it i dont think you will get it off with the door closed, i think your best bet might be to stretch over, remove the trim to the left of the passenger footwell and fiddle with the wiring harness that runs to the door, you MAY cause a decent enough connection to get it to unlock properly.

Short of this, i think you maybe looking to destroy the door card, unless anyone else has any input on the matter.

As if by magic it opened tonight if it opens again in the morning strait to Hfords to get screwdriver set to remove door card.

check the door loom in the door shut, where it meets the body of the car, these are proned to corrosion and they stop working, clean it up and put some contact grease in there if you can and refix, shouldnt happen again.

I've just had the worst case ever where the plug actually just crumbled so ive had to hard wire the front doors.