Trim/carpet removal & boot problem..

bagel64

Reaction score
I posted earlier re "03 avant niggles' but the trail went cold, hence new post..
  1. Can anyone tell me how to remove the passenger door pillar trim to pull the carpet up, in order to dry it & check that the comfort module box isnt soaked ( is it direvtly under the passenger feet carpet btw?)
  2. Boot release - once you get access to it, is it possible to activate the boot release & see if its sliding acroos with the boot up & open?
Thanks.

..apparantly you can..although it just seem to move on the boot release button.
Unfortunatley although it moves it still doesnt unlock the boot when it is re-closed...I can see the pin sliding but it only moves fully on occasion other times, despite being lubed, it only moves partially.
I did find a spade connector unconnected hanging from the back of the accutuator - how many 'wires' should it have?

the trims on both passenger and drivers side a pillar simply pull off theres also one slightly higher in the door jamb which if its fitted correctly should interlock with the upper and lower
check the footwell under the passenger side seat as thats where the pipe for the rear wash wiper runs and if it has a leak this is where it tends to go

Thanks for that...figured it out eventually myself late sunday!

Any clues about this 'spare' connector off the boot actuator?