Hi to All,
I've been on several forums & found them huge sources of info, so here's hoping this one is just the same!
So I now have an 03 SE estate, FSH, 113K. As with most new cars I have found a series of niggles, I realise some maybe easy fixes and some may not. The following is my questions/issues list.
- Many of the heater/radio window buttons have their images worn off, I'm guessing this is common but is there fix? All work just looks tatty..
- Boot lid rarely opens with the handle & never with the remote - Ive already read about solenoid actuators ( I can hear it clunking) but how do you get the rear cover panel off without wrecking the lugs? Any ideas about the boot remote not working( new batteries btw) Also the plastic sprung plate over the catch in the boot lip cover is broken. Is this important? can it be independently replaced or do I have to buy a whole lip section?
- ABS/ESP light comes on intermittanly ( oh I hate that phrase!) sometime shows on start up & stays. Drive down the road, stop, re start & its gone out..so other than '...plug it in, see what it says' are there other 'visual' diy checks you can do?
- Currently on 16" rims/tyres - bit of a fantasy idea at the moment but do 18" fill the wheel arch gaps without coilovers (?!) and does this effect mpg/handling/gearing etc?
- Just emptied the plennum tray/bungs..(does everyone else have to climb on the engine to take the battery out or didnt I have enough weetabix..!) passenger carpet is wet. Now I had a similar issue with a polo, when I hoofed the carpet up, the trim never really went back properly & the carpet was always rucked up...now I dont want the same to happen to my B6!...so any tips?!
- Well thats all my whining out for one day, I look forward to the pearls of wisdom!