whats your secret to winding up rear coilovers?

Ollie-B

Rockin' Shnit
Reaction score
Dont know if there all are the same but my adjusters sit in the cup and are hard to get to. Do you get some spring compressors on or is there another way to do this. Only need winding up and inch as i fitted them with adjusters wound too far down :/

Put the adjusters at the top, it makes it so much easier to adjust. There is a guide on a4mods.com, with the adjuster at the bottom it's too difficult to get the c spanner in to wind up the adjuster

I was actualy gona do that first til i realised they bolted up thriugh the hole in the cup so thought i might aswel do it proply and thers no way am taking them back out! I can get the spanner on the adjuster but its sooooohard to wind. Like really tight

Best bet is just to mount them upside down though, ive got FKs on mine and thats how theyre on. Ive not adjusted them as they are already tucking the tyre slightly but you can see them from underneath and they are certainly easy to access.

I had the same problem on my mk5 Golf GTI, had to unbolt the shock and take out the spring but that was easy to do unlike the Audi!!

Definately! Had a right chew on doing the coilovers on mine so there not coming back off lol. I will just struggle i suppose. Jack it up. Unbolt bottom of shocker and try and get some spring clamps in so its easyer to adjust. At least once its done its done