Fk coilovers fitted now getting knocking noise

Stusa4

Reaction score
Can anyone me? I fitted some Fk coilovers on my A4 B6 saloon, getting a fast knocking noise over small bumps and rough roads. I can't find any play on the front suspension joints. When fitting the suspension I did not replace the top mounts as they looked Ok.
It does sound like it is coming from the top mount area when inside the vehicle.
Thanks

I've got the exact same issue/noise with my Tein coilovers on my A4 B6 saloon too,two local garages couldn't sort it out,still looking for a solution as the noise is making my head in.
Thanks

Check your ball joints on the suspension arms - I found the same when I fitted coilovers, it exaggerates any noises as the suspension is stiffer - my knocking turned out to be one of the upper arm ball joints.

Ive just got home from fittin my coilovers..... I never want to see an audi suspension setup again! What a pig that was! I noticed the samw in my way home but just very slight knockim noises as you stated, only at slow speeds. Front suspension is sitting too low but rear is perfect gona wind the front up 10mm tomorrow cos im sick as a chip now after the day of torment ive had

I have same too, i am going to remove the suspension and use some of the rubbers from old shocks and use them on the new!
It could alos be the top nut on the shock not tightened up enough! Will have to tighten everything up and if doesnt work take back off and look for any signs of marks or rubbing on anything!

Hi, I'm looking at ordering coilovers soon.. Do you need to fit shorter drop links? Thanksssss!

Yep I get a knock at slow speed with my TEIN coilovers.

Never been able to figure it out?

It must be something related to ball joints ect as I have checked the coilover installation a dozen times and still doing it.

ARB bushes might be worth a change for what they cost. I was getting a knocking mainly at low speeds on the bora, and that was the ARB bushes.

I'm getting the same with mine

B6 A4 avante

ever since fitting the coilies - but only on the front left - the front right seems fine

I've since taken apart the suspension and fitted new top mounts - still there

So I then replaced all upper and lower arms, new track rod and C link drop link - its still there - after doing the arms and ball joints its quieter, but still there - only on lower speeds and only on smaller bumps - its driving me insane - makes me hate driving it..

Has anyone cured it yet - I'm so tempted to bin the coilies (FK Streets) and put on standard shocks with -30mm lowering springs..

I'm getting the same with mine

B6 A4 avante

ever since fitting the coilies - but only on the front left - the front right seems fine

I've since taken apart the suspension and fitted new top mounts - still there

So I then replaced all upper and lower arms, new track rod and C link drop link - its still there - after doing the arms and ball joints its quieter, but still there - only on lower speeds and only on smaller bumps - its driving me insane - makes me hate driving it..

Has anyone cured it yet - I'm so tempted to bin the coilies (FK Streets) and put on standard shocks with -30mm lowering springs..

I know what you mean m8, its driving me nuts.

The only other things it could be is the top rubber mounts (did you use the original OEM ones or did you replace?) or the top strut nut needs to be tighter.

I am hopefully going to check these this weekend.

Let me know if you get any joy

Coilovers!!!!
Yep,in same boat as the rest of you guys. It has to be the same solution for all of us.

What the hell is it...?

Yup i have the same problem.

I figured out that turning up the volume of my music stopped it! :thumbsup:

Ive just got home from fittin my coilovers..... I never want to see an audi suspension setup again! What a pig that was! I noticed the samw in my way home but just very slight knockim noises as you stated, only at slow speeds. Front suspension is sitting too low but rear is perfect gona wind the front up 10mm tomorrow cos im sick as a chip now after the day of torment ive had
I thought it was hard to do too until I did it this way.. Undo drop link from roll bar then under the bonnet undo the lower bolt from strut then undo the 3 bolts under the bonnet that hold the top half of the strut undoing this will let you undo the to bolts that hold the top arms ..once you've done this all you have to do it push down on the lower arm and the strut will be able to come out