Bose headunit question

S23

Reaction score
My Bose unit is playing up and I'm considering a full touch screen kenwood unit , does changing over the unit interupt the sound quality of what the standard would , probally a stupid question
thanks

Depends on the Kenwood you use. Id suggest asking the same question in the I.C.E section to get a reply from AndyMac. He is the man.

The headunit not Bose it's just a standard HU which is compatable with both Audi standard sound system & Bose sound system. You will need an adapter for the Aerial and an adapter for the bose amp. There are many post about swaping an Audi HU for an aftermarket HU with some resent ones in the Audio section.

Ok thanks guys will put a post up In there abit later when I'm home

I can't help anyone with engines however I've been messing with car audio since I was 17 and around 10 for a full time job :)

you have a few options on audi stereos fully amped / front amped / rear amped, if you take the head unit out and post pics of the ISP plus and wires I can tell you what you need :), facia panel wise is a little more difficult because they have so many variations in size which is sometimes very small :s , aerial wise depending on the year of the car you'll need a std booster aerial or a boosted fakra aerial, again if you post a few pics up I can give you part numbers :).

sound quality wise you shouldn't lose any if your head unit is good :)

pretty all the Bose systems are fully amp'd, aren't they?

As per Mart's offer: if you get the correct wiring loom and a decent headunit and sound quality should stay the same/better: the "BOSE" part of your kit is all AFTER the headunit... the only thing different to your headunit from a base spec one is that it's been coded to show "BOSE" on startup: I've seen at least one car that had been coded with the "BOSE" startup and had BOSE badges on the grills, but had no amp / sub (so not BOSE)!

All speakers on Bose systems are driven from the AMP. It's easy to change the speaker grills and head unit coding to say Bose.

As long as the new HU has front and rear pre-outs (RCA's) then you just need the PC9-410 RCA input adapter to hook it into the Bose amp. You will also need the ISO antenna amp adapter and fascia panel. You will have both ISO and Fakra aerials on the Audi HU but you only need to use the ISO one.
CT27AA05 Aerial/Antenna VAG Active ISO Adaptor
You don't have an ignition on feed at the HU, as Audi use the CANBUS to tell the HU when the ignition is on, so you will need to either wire one in, or use the perm live on both 12v feeds to the Kenwood and turn the HU on/off manually.

I forgot to mention this may come in handy for a few people.

you can buy a stalk lead which connect2 make, I know most of the a4s don't have stalk controls however the stalk lead comes with a small box that gives you the ign feed so you don't have to go cutting into wires :) and also makes your amplified speakers work again :)

ctsad001.2 - covers 1994-2001

ctsad002.2 - covers 2001-2013

ctsad003.2 - covers 2001-2013 fully ampified systems ( you have no plug or wires coming from the normal 8 pin ISP )