Windows tinted WOOHOO and LED sidelight bulbs changed for better ones

dpbayly

Reaction score
Well took the day off Wednesday to have my tints done I used a new guy (Boyz Toyz automotive tints) the last 9-10 cars I've had done I used a guy Over Revs tints who has now moved on to New Zealand so found this new guy who is local to me, he did a great job but he was very slow he claimed it was the type of tint as I went with the more expensive better quality Ceramic tint as a pose to the cheap metallic tint which he said the ceramic tint being thicker takes longer to work with.

All my previous cars I've had tinted took between 3-4hrs (other chap with metallic tints) and my A4 took the chap 9hrs!!! saying that he did a far more thorough job he removed all trim around the windows to tint all the way to the edge of the glass on all windows.

Some pics:

20130307_065435_zpsa8d49e1a.jpg

20130307_065443_zpsbce1b913.jpg

20130307_065456_zps935c4dc8.jpg

20130307_065504_zps39a37048.jpg

Then today i swapped out my old LED sidelight bulbs as the drivers side is packing up and Im really chuffed with the new one

Old ones:

20130307_130619_zpsa65a5ca0.jpg

New one in:

20130307_131625_zps5fba1271.jpg

20130307_131633_zps9c6198f0.jpg

20130307_131706_zpsab12c6a4.jpg

Reactions: bitnics
I think it's about time for you to do a proper photo session to your car...
It looks awesome!

Wicked, nice Avant.

Are they HID Fogs any links to where you bought them.

I think it's about time for you to do a proper photo session to your car...
It looks awesome!

Thanks,

Will do just as soon as the weather lets off enough to run the machine polisher (mop) over the motor to cut it back and then give it a right good detailing.

Looking good. 2 things for me and this car is just about spot on in my eyes:
1 The Carbon fibre wrap. Maybe its just me, I cant stand it, not the wrapping, the carbon !
2 Paint the wheels, go on, you know you want to! I am all for the monochrome look. Get that happy silver off the wheels and go dull, not black though and you'll be killing it with this car.

Looking good. 2 things for me and this car is just about spot on in my eyes:
1 The Carbon fibre wrap. Maybe its just me, I cant stand it, not the wrapping, the carbon !
2 Paint the wheels, go on, you know you want to! I am all for the monochrome look. Get that happy silver off the wheels and go dull, not black though and you'll be killing it with this car.

I'mI'm afraid I'm a fan of the textured carbon vinyl so that will be staying,

But i might have ago at a bit of photoshoping the wheels darker or black and see how it looks....

How comes your sidelight bulbs are h6w, aren't they the pushfit

No these are the bulbs mine uses for sidelights, strange as a friend of mine has a 2004 A4 and his has the traditional push fit 501 bulbs????

Its because you have the genuine xenons..........they have different side light bulbs

I'mI'm afraid I'm a fan of the textured carbon vinyl so that will be staying,

But i might have ago at a bit of photoshoping the wheels darker or black and see how it looks....

i have to agree I think it will look even more aggressive with darker wheels.
looks great thou.

I think the wheels need to stay silver IMO, if they were dark it would all blend in a bit too much for my liking, the silver breaks it up a bit but it's still obvious that it has a grey and black theme elsewhere. Plus if you had the wheels sprayed darker that Gould make them look smaller, where as at the mo they look big and aggressive and really shows off the concave spoke where I don't think you'd get that effect if they were dark.

Looks great..... do you have a closeup of how the tinting sits on the rear quarter windows where the internal aeriel is ? i was going to do my own as i've tinted windows in the past but whenever there's something there like the aeriel or a heated screen element it always looks a bit naff, would be interested to see how it looks done by a pro

Those wheels are never going to look small, whatever colour you do them. Even a shadow chrome would work, anything but silver or black.

Ok, they may never look small but I think they just stand out better being silver, it's one of the best features on the car I think so let them shout! :) but everyone has they're own view and taste.

Looks great..... do you have a closeup of how the tinting sits on the rear quarter windows where the internal aeriel is ? i was going to do my own as i've tinted windows in the past but whenever there's something there like the aeriel or a heated screen element it always looks a bit naff, would be interested to see how it looks done by a pro

Thanks,

How's this its raining and dark out but these are the close ups I've taken:

20130308_224228_zpse4faf04e.jpg

20130308_224120_zpsc21c5d3d.jpg

Tints look great! How does it look around the edges on the rear quarters? The edges are really bobbly and I've never imagined it could look good there. (don't need a pic, just words will do for this ha)

Loving the car though. On a side note, ow thirsty is the 3.0 v6? Roughly how many miles do you get from a full tank?

Tints look great! How does it look around the edges on the rear quarters? The edges are really bobbly and I've never imagined it could look good there. (don't need a pic, just words will do for this ha)

Loving the car though. On a side note, ow thirsty is the 3.0 v6? Roughly how many miles do you get from a full tank?

There's no air round the bobbly bits and as a result they are barely noticeable

As for miles per tank Im getting around 300-320ish

Those tints are very impressive..... i love this car and i'm with you all the way with the wheels..... wheels are what make a car imo and letting them shout out is the way to go

I had a go at photoshoping the wheels darker two shades and I think I'm more a fan of the silver only because i like they way they pop also I think they do look larger in the silver and just catch your eye far more as a stand out feature:

20130307_065443_zpsbce1b913.jpg

Screenshots_2013-03-09-08-40-08_zpsd559118d.png

The silver looks quality don't go dark the wheels will get lost with the grey body (IMO)

lovely looking motor btw

Oh yeah, I didn't notice you could see the bobbles in the pics, thanks! In my defense...I was using my phone ha.

I think keep the wheels silver too! I considered making my s4 wheels darker, but I also have a dolphin grey car and want them to stand out, dark wheels generally only suit lighter cars I find.

I'm all for the last pic - looks awesome.

Perhaps you could lammin-X them ??? sort of tint them but not permanently to give you an idea.... i'm still for all silver though

would these bulbs fit in my A4 2003 Avant 1.9 TDi 130 Sport, as the compatible vehicles list says no ?

Has your motor got factory xenon's[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]as mjmallia says these bulbs are what are fitted to lights with the factory xenon's but if you unsure pop one of your's out and check if its a push and twist fitment then its the style i fitted if its a straight push fit its the ones below .

Here's the push fit one's (501) from the same seller:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-501-W5W-T10-HIGH-POWER-5W-CREE-XENON-PURE-WHITE-SIDELIGHT-WEDGE-LED-BULBS-/271114345760?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f1fac9d20

Has your motor got factory xenon's[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]as mjmallia says these bulbs are what are fitted to lights with the factory xenon's but if you unsure pop one of your's out and check if its a push and twist fitment then its the style i fitted if its a straight push fit its the ones below .

Here's the push fit one's (501) from the same seller:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-501-W5W-T10-HIGH-POWER-5W-CREE-XENON-PURE-WHITE-SIDELIGHT-WEDGE-LED-BULBS-/271114345760?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f1fac9d20

Cheers mate, I will take a look when I get five, so either way I can get LED bulbs in my headlights :)

and whats the benefits of using these LED's compared to the normal older type bulbs, are they brighter, last longer, whiter ?

When you say older type do you mean the older LED type ones or the traditional standard bulbs?

If you mean the older LED then yes there brighter and last longer and are the same colour bright white

When you say older type do you mean the older LED type ones or the traditional standard bulbs?

If you mean the older LED then yes there brighter and last longer and are the same colour bright white

Yes I mean traditional standard bulbs which is what I have at the moment

LED sidelights, not headlights mind.

Yea sidelights, but can you not get them for your main headlights too ?

Also what about rear lights and indicator and side indicators ?

Yea sidelights, but can you not get them for your main headlights too ?

Also what about rear lights and indicator and side indicators ?

You can get H7 fitment led bulbs which would fit our headlights. I don't know anyone who has ever done it, they tend to be used in foglights as they're very bright but have no 'throw' to the light.

You can get most bulbs as led's now, but it would only ever be an led bulb in a halogen housing, unlike modern car which have true led light units.

You can get H7 fitment led bulbs which would fit our headlights. I don't know anyone who has ever done it, they tend to be used in foglights as they're very bright but have no 'throw' to the light.

You can get most bulbs as led's now, but it would only ever be an led bulb in a halogen housing, unlike modern car which have true led light units.

Cheers James I get what u mean, but with the side repeaters can u get true led unit?