Arrgghhhh What to do!

L7AUDI

Reaction score
Website
www.finkprint.co.uk
I have a dilemma! I am in the process of buying an S4 interior for my car and also have the opportunity to buy the full s4 milltek system with sports cats! but my car at the moment is a totally standard 1.9tdi q sport. So is it really worth me fitting such a good system or would I be better off doing a deal on the suspension and brakes?

As the car stands at the moment the exhaust would be more cosmetic or would it add something taking into account that in the future I want to tune the car but even then how far can I go with what I have.

In fact is it even possible to fit the system or is there major changes involved? :blink:

I'm pretty sure the milltek would need some sort of fabrication to fit. Did you say it's a choice between the interior or the milltek? If so I'd personally go for the interior, did you manage to find an ivory white interior or is it black? Of its ivory I wouldn't hesitate! But if it's a choice between the brakes + suspension or the milltek then I think you'd be benefiting more from the brakes and suspension over milltek. At least that way you'd be getting 2 mods rather than 1!

I've bagged the interior & black headliner with all the trim already so that's sorted, yeah I was thinking more that brakes & suspension but only if it's a major step (or down rather) from the standard Q Sport set up, mines an 54 plate avant the same as the donor car.
The more I've thought about it I think I'm being a bit dim as the s4 is a V8 so does it go from two manifolds into one and then again two or is it totally separate each side??

Sorry forgot yeah It's black not Ivory, like you I love the Ivory but I live on the devon/cornwall border so mud can play a big part in my life lol

I can tell it does from your sig pic! Lol.

Yeah the s4 will obviously have 2 seperate manifolds at the start of the exhaust system but I'm not entirely sure if it leads into one pipe down the car and splits for the 2 seperate exits or if it runs two middle sections what with it being a Quattro and its transmission tunnel/propshaft running down the middle (I've not even been underneath my car in all the time I've had it which would effectively be the same set up as an s4 underneath do I can confirm unfortunately)

I've just spoken to a fella I know who works in the unit next to mine and he prep's race engines and tune's rally cars etc doh!

And he confirmed my thoughts that one it would be more cosmetic than anything but also probably a right pain in the **** to fit! so I think it will be brakes first 7 maybe the suspension but only if it sits lower than mine as mine has a 20mm drop from the factory IIAC...