UltraSport aluminum trim

czm

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can find a full set of UltraSport aluminum trim for my A4 avant B6?

Searched the bay but nothing on there???

Thanks m8
How is it to work with? I assume you use a heatgun to get round the curves ect? I

I am a bit worried about it peeling off, what are the chances of that happening?
I seem to have horrible memories of trying something similar on my old VW beetle I had about 20 years ago...I am sure things have improved since those days of bubbles, creasing and peeling but I can remember how crud it looked back then :)

I Have done the 4D carbon stuff also and there is a pic somewhere that I uploaded.

It is good stuff and wont peel off for sure as long as the surface it is going on is grease free.

Found a pic:
photo1.JPG

Cool. Thanks for the info

Is it scratch resistant? Are you able to clean/polish it ok without it marking/swirling and looking like crap?

Nice pic mjmallia - I guess you used black 4D?
Will be interesting to see the difference on the same colour interior but I used dark grey..

czm - here is how i done it..
Ive had my delivery of 4d carbon fibre look vinyl! I paid £9.99 from ebay for 50x150cm..
It looks great and is really tough and durable.

As I had one door trim off anyway I went about getting it wrapped!

I took my time and from start to finish it took about half hour to complete this trim piece.
First I washed it down with soapy water then rinsed it off with clean water.
Dryed it with a towel and then really dried it off and warmed the piece up with the hair dryer for good adhesion..

Laid it on the vinyl and cut a piece with about an inch excess all around.

Starting from the thin end on the flat surface I went along the piece making sure there were no bubbles/creases etc, then cut little nooks along the trim and reheated as I went along and stuck the pieces down firm.

The ends were a little tricky but I just warmed up the material and took my time and stretched it round the corners so that there were no folds/overlaps etc.

I can only do 1 at a time as my finger tips are so sore from pulling the material hard around the corners whilst the heat from blow dryer was burning them at the same time!

Anyway have some pics

My trim next to the roll of material - I went for dark grey colour.
A4911EE7.jpg

And just a couple of pics of the ends. The straight is just straight..
F8CB09C4.jpg

80F8E3C3.jpg

Cheers Rob

I have a full set of ally "fish scale" but it is worn on the rear ashtray and has a few scratches here and there. :shrug: