pioneer app radio with bose - or any other after market h/u

M7R

Type Approval Engineer,
Reaction score
Website
www.dubclique.com
I am thinking about swapping out the head unit, as I was going to fit a parrot hands free to hook up my iphone, but its proving be a bit of a pain....so im thinking a new headunit maybe simplier with hands free built in..

halfords have the pioneer appradio on offer at the moment, and they sell a lead which allows the fitting of aftermarket head unit its to a car with bose..

Halfords | Autoleads PC9-408 Audi Bose Active Adaptor

but has anyone tried this lead or head unit? as i do like the sound of the oe head unit, but having a more usiable head unit would appreciated

karl

I have explored many bluetooth head units and hands free, and I keep coming up with the same solution. Jawbone era earpeice for calls, and any other head unit for the music. Even the satnav, cant really compete imo and in my job (similar travelling as a multidrop driver) with a garmin satnav.

However Of all the units I have tried, pioneer seems to be the best for ease of use and functions.

Parrot handsfree, sometimes the head unit utilises parrot, is the best in car hands free, but jawbone still beats it.

Parrot asteroid, steer clear!

If you do decide to get the app radio don't get the first gen of these ;) if you want any more details PM me

In the end I just paid the £47 for the adaptor and I am part way through fitting the parrot mki9200 kit I have.. It's a pain but I read too many conflicting reviews of the app radio to risk it..

Is that lead definitely needed to run appradio with a bose car? I have a 2003 a4 b6 with single din concert and bose. do i need it?

Yeah you'll deffo need a lead have a look at the ct53-au04 you'll also need a booster aerial