Central Locking woes

kay2

Reaction score
Hi all im after some help if possible.

Ive had my b6 over a year now and the key i had has always been tempremental, If I put a new a battery in the fob and resync it with the car all is fine for a week or two then the fob starts unbonding from the car it will resync several times then it stops, with a new battery this will be repeated. i assumed the key was eating batteries so ive had an autolocksmith out to cut and recode a key. He couldnt gain access to the part of the cars ecu that controls the remote slots as it was coming up in German instead of English! Ive checked the wiring between the doors and pillars they are fine.

How do I inspect the convenience unit etc is there anything else I can check.

Its more then likely your fob

over time they work loose and the battery pins can lose contact with the battery

open the fob and bend all the pins so you have a better contact and see if it works it sorted mine out and a few others on here

Its not the fob mate, he tested it with some gadget and the new one wont code in

like I said over time the fob come loose (the plastic casing) and the battery can lose contact causing it to need resyncing again

just because its been tested doesnt mean you have a good connection on at the terminals it could just have been working fine at the time!

just think what a key goes through during 1 day of been in your pocket all you need is for it to flex a bit and the battery lose contact with the pins and it will need to be synced again

mine used to do it all the time sometimes it would go weeks then others a matter of hours if not minutes

I bent the pins and for over 2 years its been spot on

try it its free and only takes a few minutes

Its not the fob mate it was tested, a new battery was put it in its resynced again, the locksmith couldnt gain access to the coding section of the ecu as it appeared to be corrupt and coming up in german and chinese symbols. This meant the new key couldnt be programmed in to the ecu, it now starts the car etc but it wont operate the central locking etc