gettin my wheels refurbed. what colour?

Bean5

D5_SNS
Reaction score
HI guys, as above sending my wheels off for a professional refurb dipped, powdercoated and possibly diamond cut lip
So got a few choices all dependant on cost, to have a solid colour, e.g. matte black, or gloss met grey, or have the centers green and get the lips diamond cut?

img_9933.jpg

images-1.jpg

If powder coating I'd go for the shadow chrome type style centres where they coat them black then lightly with a chrome/silver would look good against your black motor as black centres have been done to death.

I also like odd ball stand out colours but i think they only suit a car modified in the right way IMO

Cheers mate, got a n example of what you mean by shadow chromes on lms if possible?

the green suits the car
do it

A friend had it done to his IS200 wheels and it was £65 a corner and it looked great

Ye looks nice cant imagine it on lms, would you say do it all over?

My opinion on coloring the centres and leaving the lips polished is that they will look small. If this was mine, I would be going for two shades of grey, darker on the centres and lighter on the lips. Or red lips, black centres. Just throwing it in there !! The chances of your taste being the same as mine is pretty small tho !

I like the idea of the grey. Spoke to the wheel company today and kuz theyre reps and obviously dont split they said they cant to the lips chrome. So my idea now is instead of going matte black. Got for a satin grey pics to follow. Of example

Reactions: audi 3 man
Just like this but more than likely satin as this is a bit glossy.
attachment.jpg

I had shadow chrome powder coated on my last car which was a black IS200.
It looked really good (I've got no photo's tho I'm afraid)

Get them painted then instead of powder coated that way they can be masked up to leave lips polished and centres what ever colour takes your fancy:

Screenshots_2013-02-25-21-54-28_zps47e27d64.png

not feeling red lips might be the terrible photo edit:laugh:
Screenshots_2013-02-25-21-49-38_zps6f8442a6.png

Screenshots_2013-02-25-21-42-40_zps228d9a55.png

Lol good bit of photoshoping there mate ;") I would but the lips are a bit chewed up else I would leave it as it is.

Any one know where to get the "studs" that are on lm reps from apparently you can get em from china and the either tap in or stick on where the originals were as they apparently melt during powder coating so need drilling out before hand

i want my alloy wheels done in graphite grey,but really hoping my kind mrs buys me some 18 inch s line alloy wheels for my 2010 a3 in photo on my double car driveway has my 16 inch se spec design alloy wheels look very boring and really dull..

i might get some audi a3 s line 17 inch wheels for my cherry red se design a3 they would look much better than 16s ....