Cleaned the B6 today

Alan H

Need a V8 or Bi-Turbo.......
Reaction score
Well, I had the rear bumper repaired yesterday and because of this I decided to give the car a good wash today. I could feel a little bit of overspray on the paint (to be expected when doing a repair outside)

the car was pretty clean anyway so I thought it wouldn't take too long.....

anyhow, here's some pictures, some are a little out of focus as I was rushing due to the funny looks I was getting.

This is the bumper repair as it stood yesterday.

image_zps9b81bfc0.jpg

And here's the car after a good bath.

DSC01551_zps49e6bb86.jpg

DSC01554_zpsc957ecc7.jpg

DSC01553_zps37d87a37.jpg

DSC01552_zps45dfb89c.jpg

DSC01558_zpsc55469cb.jpg

DSC01556_zpsbe227200.jpg

DSC01557_zpsbe33efcd.jpg

Thoughts, comments and critique very welcome.

alan

No, I didn't need to clay. It was wearing 2 coats of wax and about 4 coats of AB Project 32. The paint was extremely slick. I washed it with CG Citrus Wash to remove the protection which in turn did remove a lot of the overspray. Then I gave the car a quick going over with the rotary using Menzerna SF4000 on a Lake Country finishing pad.i then reprotected with 2 hits of SRP, 2 hits of Poorboys Natty's Blue then 2 coats of Project 32 (leaving 30 minutes between coats of 32)

Looks very nice indeed. I need to give mine a good clean and polish. I wash it in the wash bay at work but need to get some polish on it. I think mine is the same colour as yours, looks black but seems to be a really dark graphite. It's a great colour.

Looks very nice indeed. I need to give mine a good clean and polish. I wash it in the wash bay at work but need to get some polish on it. I think mine is the same colour as yours, looks black but seems to be a really dark graphite. It's a great colour.

The car is Brilliant Blau LY5K. But it does look black when I've cleaned and protected it. It must be the products that I use.

That's one of the shiniest cars i've ever seen!

I need to learn the products and techniques to clean my car like that.