vinyl wrapping interior trim?

L7AUDI

Reaction score
Website
www.finkprint.co.uk
As per title, I've bought a full set of ally trim of ebay only to find that it's got a few scratches etc. Was thinking about wrapping it instead, does anyone know/had experience with a particular firm that they could recommend as I don't want to pay for it to be done only to have it look crap!

cheers Darren

As per title, I've bought a full set of ally trim of ebay only to find that it's got a few scratches etc. Was thinking about wrapping it instead, does anyone know/had experience with a particular firm that they could recommend as I don't want to pay for it to be done only to have it look crap!

cheers Darren

Do it yourself, the trim is easy enoth to remove and wrap. I'd do it for you if you were local

Really easy mate, all you need is a sharp blade and a hair dryer, i wrapped my fishscale trim in 3d carbon the other night, only took 2 hours to do the whole lot and it looks miles better. Save yourself some cash and give it a go, its really forgiving stuff if you make a mistake just heat it up and its ready to use again

Quite easy with a little patience. Just re done mine actually with some of the new 4d carbon fibre film as had the 3d version before.......really nice finish and quite realistic.

link for the 4D

I got 1.5m x 60cm and that was plenty. To do all the trims with some spare inches of any mistakes

Cost me £12 delivered

I got some a few weeks ago from somones suggestion on here and only cost me less than a tenner, not expecting much I put it on and changed the interior totally!!!
have a look through my posts to see pics and link to the vinyl on eBay!

hi pal,i heated and stretched mine round as it was warm and that made the glue sticky too so it adehered better too then once i had it where i wanted it and looked good i trimmed the excess off the rear.
if you look back through the posts theres loads of info on this as quite a few peeps have done this mod and i say dont worry about doing it,its quite easy coz you can keep unsticking the vinyl untill you have it how you want it!
i shown my stepdad mine the other day and he said it looked factory and sporty so that made my day!!!!

I have small dents in my alu trim. Will they show up through vinyl. Dont really want to buy a new one.

I have small dents in my alu trim. Will they show up through vinyl. Dont really want to buy a new one.
hi mate I had a dent or two in my Ali trim on passenger side too and I didn't bother filling them and they are hardly noticeable now, I can only see them as I knew they was there but even the wife can't see them unless I point them out.
mine where tiny ones though, I think any bigger than you'd need to fill them if you want a straight look!

I did it on my last B7 abd will do it again on the new one whan I eventually get around to it. Nice easy job just take your time

I will take a pic tomorrow of the 4d carbon trim I recently did.

Dents are quite small. Can only see them when the light catches them. One of the downsides of ally over plastic. Think wrap is the way to go but has anyone done anything other than cf. And does the texture on the ally show through the vinyl?

Here is a quick pic of the new 4D stuff. The pic is a little over exposed with the flash but you get the idea.

This new stuff gives a lot more depth and makes the carbon more realistic

photo1.JPG

Reactions: ruffrida
I did mine satin black over the ally, you can still make out the pattern a bit, but as long as you dont try using a squeegee it looks good, I'd post a pic but I'm crap at it and it takes me forever to figure it out lol

DO IT YOURSELF! Its easy and enjoyable, you will be able to get 6.5foot x approx 3.5 foot for around £20 inc post.

I had some scratches and small dents in mine, they didn't show up at all after wrapped, but i used a quality 3m vinyl
Here's a few pics of areas that were scratched and dented

If you rub the vinyl quite hard when smoothing it you might see the dents

Reactions: ruffrida