metal on metal clunk sound on slow maneuvering

bumnut

Reaction score
Hi all, i've been having a fairly subtle metal on metal sound coming from somewhere.. can't pinpoint it as it only happens when moving and the mrs doesn't drive. I thought it might be the bushes excessivly worn and have change the front drop links, arb bushes and bottom end and it's still the same. I don't have access to anything other than a couple of axle stands and ramps so getting a good look under the car is very difficult.

any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

how would i check if the mounts are ok? just a case of giving the gearbox a good wiggle and see if it seems excessivly loose?

It's usually the gearbox cradle one that's gone, the one that sells for about a ton on good old bay of the e. It really needs to go on a ramp to confirm though I would suspect. Someone else may no of an easier way to check though.

My rear gearbox mount disintegrated causing a heavy knock which could be felt by your left foot area of the gearbox tunnel

I had a knock like this a while back and turned out to be the front drop links, only £15 on ebay for a pair with new bolts

Just had a knocking when parking and turning the wheel while moving slow