18" or 19" wheels - I can't decide!!!!!!!!!

Neilldh

Reaction score
really need some opinions please, i am definitely changing the wheels but can't decide on what size, i know wheel choice is a personal thing but i have never had 19" wheels before and am not too sure how they would effect the ride comfort. I have narrowed my choice down to the 2 photos attached.

The TT RS wheels would be 18" fitted with 235/40 tyres with ET35, & the lambos 19" with ET35 (or 18" with ET42 don't know if these would fit as nice though)
TT RS   silver 2Gallardo 2

any thoughts or opinions glad to hear them!

Reactions: Harribo66
tt rs look better mate but i think they might look a bit small in 18"... go for 19s :)

I like the TT RS but go for them in 19's,

I nearly went for those in 19's, I've just upgraded from 18's to 19's and the ride is not that much different.

cheers for the replies, granted the Lambo effort on Photoshop isn't the best picture, the inspiration came from this oneB6 audi a4 avant gallardo wheels
i was hoping to achieve something similar (minus the bodykit)

TT wheels every time... if you're actually driving the car, then 18's are plenty, if you only have the car for show'n'shine, then 19's do look nice.

I do like those TT's but would need to be 19's I think. I also like the lambo style on the grey audi but as you say the photshop dpesnt do them justice. Any other pics around with those on. ?? Anyone?

Lambo look crap (sorry imo..) the other wheels look really good but i don't think they look any better than RS6 alloys on an avant (obviously pretty unique though as lots have RS6 alloys).

I think the 18's look nice but i'd guess price difference not great between 18 and 19 new so go for 19's i guess....

Not sure if TT wheels fit the A4's. I think it's the pcd or stud diameter measurement that's different, A4's are 112 and TT's are 100.
Make sure you check they fit first.

There not wheels off a TT it the name of the style TT RS as fitted to some new A4's and A5's

thanks for all the comments, both are replicas and 5x112 pattern so will fit, only about £80 difference in price between 18" and 19" with tyres so that's not really an issue.

But the car is used every day as a family car so my head is going with the 18", but i think the TT's might not look big enough & i cant find anyone selling the 19" in the silver finish with ET35, a few selling in gunmetal though

These looks so much better in gunmetal or whatever grey it is, would look great agaianst the white car. Depends if you like. Photoshop them on your car.....

Hi pal, I'd go for 19s, when I fitted 19s to mine from the original 17s I didn't notice it get much stiffer etc and the wife still uses it daily no probs.
i was a little bit gutted though as the a4 swallowed the 19s and people are surprised when I say they're 19s, they think Thryre like 17s or 18s!!
maybe it's because it needs lowering more than just the sport standard,think about it too if you go for 18s will you be thinking what would it look like with 19s!!!

A work mate of mine has 19" Lamborghini Replicas on his Avant and they look pretty good, obviously not as good as my staggered 19" BBS LM reps :)

After the fiddling about with putting 18s on then deciding they are too small. I would def say put 19" alloys on a4s arches are big so they will fit wheel and make the car look totally diff once lowered (coilovers) if you can. I use my a4 cabriolet daily and coilovers are as low as they go on the back and I get no complaints from the mrs about ride comfort.

brilliant, 19"s it is then!, thanks for all the replies, I just photoshopped the gunmetal finish, time to start searching!
TT RS   graphite 2
You are right Glen i would probably be thinking/wishing i went for the bigger size
bit sad i know but i also printed off a photo of a full size wheel & tyre at work today (i work in a signmakers) to get an idea of size, just need to hold it up to the car in daylight.

Greeny i don't suppose you have a photo of your mates car with the Lambo's on do you? I was tempted by some 19"LM's on Ebay the other day but they sold pretty quick.

Great choice 19's all the way they fill the arches so well, 18's look good but 19's look great

Here's a pic showing a good comparison of the difference in the arches between 18's (on front) 19's (on rear):

20130216_115936_zpse61e61f4.jpg

cheers mate, that is a great looking car!:icon_thumright:
I cant believe the difference between the 2 sizes, but what you said above sums it up perfectly

Great looking car, have you noticed any difference with ride quality?
+ do you still have your 18's/for sale maybe??

Think I'd go opposite to most and go with the lambos in satin gunmetal 19" really don't like them Tt wheels they look like halfords specials just my opinion

Great looking car, have you noticed any difference with ride quality?
+ do you still have your 18's/for sale maybe??

Not a massively different ride feel from the 18's certainly not a harsh ride,

Sorry the 18's sold and should be being collected today by steffgj

Yup TTRS 19'' definitely the way forward especially with such a big car. :friends:

19's all day long..

DSC_0125_zpsd4ae0340.jpg

8B37694B-9E42-4D9D-AC6A-A4B73381FE29-9949-00000A1DC3C3A223.jpg

66689a3d.jpg

8d7bdae7.jpg

a99c68e2.jpg

No difference on comfort between that an 18's. I'm running 235*35*19 tyres.

J

I second that 19" all the way for me im on my second a4 on 19" and if i could afford id push to 20" lol just the arches dont look full enough on 18" and theirs no difference in ride between 18" and 19" to me either ran them also on both my cars the only thing is price difference between tyres.

cracking looking car J, i've always liked those wheels.:icon_thumright: cheers to you & Dale for the comments

Watching some TT's on Ebay at the moment but the guy is away on holiday and doesn't know the offset until he gets back to check on Sunday. If not got a good deal lined up on some others, so by the end of next week they will be on their way!!

Was your a4b7 for sale on ebay if so I was very tempted by it untill found out had another bambino on the way lol

Very nice car I wanted it sooo bad lol it was between yours and and a white one but baby trumped them both and now just gna hold on to my b6 for a while oh well

UPDATE!!

finally made a choice i was all set for the TTRS in graphite but missed out on a set in the end. So this afternoon i am off to Bristol to collect theseCH

Not a wheel i had considered but i saw them by chance, googled them on a A4's and my mind was made up.
Just hope that it is not raining tomorrow so i can get them on the car

They will look great! Been thinking of a set of them for our B8 but having trouble choosing!

Get some pics up once you've got them on!