EGR Gasket ?

scottshere

Reaction score
I'm looking at removing and cleaning the EGR this week (dirty task i know)
Do i need and gaskets replaced or is it just a bolt off and back on?

Not done this yet but I'd think that replacing a gasket is always better than using the old one. Might as well if it's already off and they're only about £6!

Yep pretty sure there is. Same here, quite clearly oil coming from between the EGR and the intake manifold in mine so it's coming off next week!

Reactions: S3 GAZ
I have done this and yes there is a gasket and YES change it otherwise you'll get an awful leak. Seen it recently on my friend's 130pd Passat B5.5.
It's costs like £5-6 from Audi (bit steep for a bit of rubber, but heigh ho). Totally worth it and a relatively easy job if you have fingers that bend the wrong way to loosen the allen key bolts from the car! I think they're allen key ones anyway. Been a few years since I did it!

Great stuff. Il get on from audi before tackling it. Replaced all the vacuum pipes today. So just egr and mr muscle to do

How long did it take you to do the pipes and where did you get the new ones from? Just standard vacuum tube?

About an hour to change all hoses. Bought 5m 3mm of silicone hose from ramair on ebay. £10

Its a nice fit on the smaller hoses and stretches to fit the bigger ones

Its the same silicone they make boist pipes and TIP and used in race engines. Treated and designed to withstand heat.

So no I dont think it does