AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

Which steering wheel?

Which steering wheels will fit my b6 avant? I dont want to mod anything like airbags! Am i right in saying anything before 55 reg?
    Are all models interchangeable, all the same splines?
    Also wil i have any lights pop on after the install?
    cheers guys

2. # ADS
    ADS

BahnStormer

Status
    You mean like this

How much are they these days? I got mine 4 years ago when you could only get them from the R8 spare parts bin (and new), so they were about €900/£900 for the wheel and you still needed the airbag + B6 slipring and wiring loom (incl steering wheel control module for all the MF components).

Last edited by BahnStormer77; 17th February 2013 at 15:03.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

BahnStormer

Status
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    If you don't want the hassle of changing airbags etc then you have very little choice and the steering wheels that are available of that year and before are all naff looking.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

2nd Gear

Status
    Ive got this one on my car:

Mods done: interior: Light to dark conversion, To Do: Carbon trim, carpet to be replaced, rear window retrofit. Exterior: Resprayed in Skoda's Rallye Green, 18" RS4 reps fitted, xenons, LED sidelights/NumberPlate lights, B Pillars wrapped in carbon. To Do: Lowering 35mm all round, tints, Tuning: Yet to do exhaust/remap/ egr delete etc..

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan TheMan Welburn View Post
    Ive got this one on my car:

Very nice... What did changing to that entail? I also really like the mk1 tt alcantara wheel.
    Its just mine has marks (from the previous owners ring i think), and i would like to change it and wondered what my options were..

2nd Gear

Status
    Mine needed a fair bit, i installed dis and cruise at the same time so i needed scsm module, stalks, slipring, wheel and airbag (and a connector) a little mod to the wiring as the horn wiring was wrong, and some coding in vcds but it all works great in total took me about 2 hours with me being a complete vcds novice
    Mods done: interior: Light to dark conversion, To Do: Carbon trim, carpet to be replaced, rear window retrofit. Exterior: Resprayed in Skoda's Rallye Green, 18" RS4 reps fitted, xenons, LED sidelights/NumberPlate lights, B Pillars wrapped in carbon. To Do: Lowering 35mm all round, tints, Tuning: Yet to do exhaust/remap/ egr delete etc..

1st Gear

Status
    Is that a single or double stage airbag?

3rd Gear

Status
    This is a Mk1 TT Alcantara steering wheel in my B6, no modfications to make it fit

A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by troopa View Post
    Is that a single or double stage airbag?
    Dual stage, i read all about everything involved before deciding to fit it.